PDA

View Full Version : I Use This

Ron77
11-06-2017, 05:40 AM
I looked up this spinner removal tool which I have had for a long time and like for a member of another site and thought that while I remember the site I would post it here in case anyone would be interested in it.

Site address; http://www.performanceunlimited.com/

Removal Tool. Works Great and won't mar the wheel or spinner.

http://performanceunlimited.com/cobravalley_tools/img130.gif

Ron

Silverback
11-06-2017, 05:56 AM
I had my tires and wheels off 4 to 5 times a year and always used anti-seize on the threads and tapered interface with the wheel. I never had an issue getting the spinners loose after the first time.

However with that said, Randel comes up with some pretty nice and unique tools.

Ron77
11-06-2017, 06:00 AM
I use anti seize on mine too but this just breaks them loose without hitting them.

Ron

Silverback
11-06-2017, 06:07 AM
I have always liked hitting things.

Sometimes I even used my lead hammer.

nomad
11-06-2017, 07:19 AM
For years now, I have applied a liberal amount of anti-seize on my............................... on my.......... on...

I forgot where I was going with this.

Silverback
11-06-2017, 12:04 PM
For years now, I have applied a liberal amount of anti-seize on my............................... on my.......... on...

80 Grit.

There, does that jog your mind?

ACHiPo
11-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Ron,
I picked up one of those a few months ago when I was struggling with the 4th spinner that didn't want to come loose. By the time it arrived I'd beaten the spinner into submission, so I'm not sure how well it works. I know that the tool I have that grips the spinner ears isn't strong enough (or I don't have a long enough breaker bar/pipe).

I hadn't thought that it might not work on my new sunbursts. That would suck!

Evan

belgiumbarry
11-06-2017, 01:00 PM

i know Nomad.... as i used to do. You hold the spinner and turn the car . No problem, never.

Ron77
11-07-2017, 03:13 AM
Evan,

That has a lining in it so it won't scratch or mar the wheel or the spinner ear. I had one front wheel that they had put on so tight that we had to use the lead hammer to get it to move but once it moved just a tiny bit that tool loosened it right on up. It is easy to use as the 3/4 wrench doesn't take any breaker bar and it turns quite easily even when the spinners are tight. We used the hammer to break that one loose because I was afraid the remover tool might break the spinner ear.

Ron

ACHiPo
11-07-2017, 06:06 AM
Evan,

That has a lining in it so it won't scratch or mar the wheel or the spinner ear. I had one front wheel that they had put on so tight that we had to use the lead hammer to get it to move but once it moved just a tiny bit that tool loosened it right on up. It is easy to use as the 3/4 wrench doesn't take any breaker bar and it turns quite easily even when the spinners are tight. We used the hammer to break that one loose because I was afraid the remover tool might break the spinner ear.

Ron

Ron,
Understand. It's a great tool on Halibrands. Just not sure if it will work on my new sunburst wheels. Will need to try it when I get my car. If not, I'll just include it when I sell my SPF.

Evan

Ron77
11-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Evan,

I had Sunburst wheels on my other Cobra and I don't think this tool would have worked on them. Just for my information let me know if it works on your s if you don't mind.

Ron

ACHiPo
11-07-2017, 06:26 AM
Evan,

I had Sunburst wheels on my other Cobra and I don't think this tool would have worked on them. Just for my information let me know if it works on your s if you don't mind.

Ron

Ron,
I'll post my findings when I get my car.
Evan

Al G
11-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Ron,
I thought the whole point of this tool was to not have to use the hammer. Once mine are broken loose they spin off easily by hand.

Ron77
11-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Al,

I just had one that someone before me had hammered it so tight that I was starting to worry about getting it off. But by using the tool and pulling on it and then hitting it once with the hammer that broke it loose. The other wheels the tool broke loose easily and the hammer was only used to put the spinners back on and tighten them. You know they are like lug nuts and can be tightened way to much.

Ron

Shootnride
11-08-2017, 07:09 AM
I made a very similar tool. Works great and no more beating the hell out of spinners to break them loose. I would highly recommend that tool from Performance Unlimited.

Ted