Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glad to be here

Glad to be here

Found a nice thread here in my google search the other day for information. Was very impressed so I wanted to join. Thanks for having me. I currently have an ERA 427 street roadster. Looking forward to some interaction here.

Troy

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Well Troy good on you. You beat me to the punch. I am really glad to see you here. I have gone through 100's of spammers before you came along. Welcome to one of the most stable Cobra websites. Please post pictures as often as possible as most of us are illiterate.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Troy,

We are happy to have you and I hope that you will join in the posting and post some pictures of your Cobra. And also any videos if you have any as we like to see other members cars and the areas they live in and the roads they drive on. Thanks for joining us and if you have any questions just ask them.

Ron S)%
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    KCC 241, 408C, FMX transmission
    Welcome Troy!
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Welcome aboard Troy.

And I'm not illiterate, I'm just an Idoit.

But I still like pictures so post some up.

Cobra/Engine
    West Coast Cobra/460/Richmond 4+1
    Welcome to the nut house, or snake pit or crazy train... well dang it.

Pull a seat up to the bar and pour yourself a glass of something cold. Then share pictures of the lovely item on your phone... I mean the car, or car with girl or girl with beer... we have a post for all of those.
    Joey
    Everything turns out good in the end, if it doesn't there is always Bourbon.
    My Cars

"Keeping old threads alive for no reason at all"

West Coast Cobra - Built in 1994 New to me 20 Feb 2016

I live in Minnesota. We only have two seasons here: Winter and Road Construction. I try and drive a Cobra or something else fun as much as I can between seasons (:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Cobra/Engine
    KCC 241, 408C, FMX transmission
    That's a beautiful Cobra Troy!

I must say that of all the replica variants out there, I've taken a particular liking to the lines and styling of the ERA cars!

Simply beautiful!
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    That is a very nice cobra and I have a friend who lives in Minnesota. He tried for years to restore his Fathers 69 NASCAR Cobra but it has sit out in those Winters for 30 years and he finally gave up and sold it.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    1965 289 bored .030 over
    Welcome aboard Troy, yu will see some familiar faces here and some new ones as well.

Jim

Cobra/Engine
    Beautiful Cobra Troy.

Is it black or BRG?

BRG

427 side oiler

Last edited by 66gtk; 07-12-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    Troy,

I really like that Cobra and the engine compartment is spotless. I may send a picture of it to my friend if you don't mind.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Thanks Ron. It's been a lot of work and fussing over the details to get this car the way it is now. I purchased it last year from the original owner of over 20 years. I'm still not quite done with it yet. I may even remove the Fuel Injection to go with a more period correct/accurate dual quad setup. In the meantime I'm enjoying the car a lot and driving it whenever I can. It can pass almost anything except a gas station. Feel free to share the photos if you like. I have more on my website as well.

Cobra/Engine
    Troy,

I know that Dave will enjoy seeing the pictures of that Cobra. Why not put your website address in your Signature and that way we can all go look at your pictures.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Ron,

I didn't want to break any rules and appear that I'm trying to advertise anything here. I did watermark my photos with my website address because I've grown tired of people stealing my images on the internet and using them for their own personal gain in some manner.

Troy

Cobra/Engine
    2005 Superformance, SPO1950, 402R Roush, 515hp, TKO600
    Troy, welcome aboard! Your roadster is superb!

Stu.

Cobra/Engine
    Troy,

That is OK and you won't break any rules on here if you do want to put your sites address out for members to see. Some of our members have theirs in the Signature line and I can sure understand you not wanting your pictures copied. I once administered a site that was closed down because the owner refused to get permission from people whose pictures he took and used on that site and when I deleted them he got angry and I quit the site as I knew what he was doing was not legal. He got into legal trouble about a month later and had to close the site.

I went over and looked at your site and you have some really great cars there. Also the site is very nicely done.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by 66gtk View Post
    Ron,

I didn't want to break any rules and appear that I'm trying to advertise anything here. I did watermark my photos with my website address because I've grown tired of people stealing my images on the internet and using them for their own personal gain in some manner.

Troy
    Last edited by Ron77; 07-12-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by 66gtk View Post
    Thanks Ron. It's been a lot of work and fussing over the details to get this car the way it is now. I purchased it last year from the original owner of over 20 years. I'm still not quite done with it yet. I may even remove the Fuel Injection to go with a more period correct/accurate dual quad setup. In the meantime I'm enjoying the car a lot and driving it whenever I can. It can pass almost anything except a gas station. Feel free to share the photos if you like. I have more on my website as well.
    I may be a little biased, but I love the dual quad setup.

Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    ERA do make a nice replica, and I've always admired them. Yours is a wonderful example of how they can look, when done up as a street model. There's just something about the street version that exudes class and power combined, that makes them special. Reminds me of our member John Olsen's beautiful FFR street 427, before he converted it to the slabside body.

Great color too.

PS- Stick with the stacks..They always look so damn impressive..
    Fast at any speed-Cobra