Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Fugi1

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Welcome Fugi1

We have a new member that Kerry got to join the site. He is a friend of Kerry's and has ordered a Factory Five Cobra so he will be getting it soon I am sure. Make him welcome and he will have plenty of build threads to look at.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Welcome aboard Fugi.

And please feed the animals.

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Welcome Fugi1.

Any friend of Kerry's is a ................ a ............ umm........ I forgot where I was going with this.

Well, make yourself at home here while I gather my thoughts.

They are around here somewhere.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    KCC 241, 408C, FMX transmission
    Welcome Fuji1

Did you order a completed car or are you going to tackle the build yourself?

Please share your journey with us.
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Cobra/Engine
    SPF 369 and an ERA street 427 on order
    Welcome! What kind of Cobra interests you?

Cobra/Engine
    my only "real" Cobra is a 428 SCJ engine
    Fugi and I go back to high school. There's a pretty good story about how we graduated from different schools. I'll leave that for him to tell though. He's a real car guy and like a lot of us here he likes a broad range of stuff, Ford, Chevy, Italian and Japanese are some I've seen. The smart money is on his car to be on the road before mine (but I've only had mine for seven years).

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Welcome Fugi. Most of the people here do not read or write so please post pictures.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Thank you for the warm welcome, interest in our roadster build and especially to Kerry for getting me into this elite group if motorsports enthusiasts. I hope that you are not disappointed with my occasional, okay probably frequent "dumb questions or even worse, obvious observations. Here is what we are planning:
    Build will be completed by my wife and me over the course of the winter. We have made arrangements with an experienced builder in the KC area to assist us in our shop. Perhaps you've heard of Richard @ North Race Cars. We ordered a complete kit from FFR last month to be delivered in October (no point in trying to start a build in summer as the lake calls out to us regularly). Engine will be a 4.6 4v from a '96 Cobra, teksid block (which brings my italian heritage into the car). The engine is in process of being rebuilt with all forged internals to support the ProCharger. Intent is 450 RWHP through an IRS. While we had planned on using the T45 out of my old '96 Cobra, which I had rebuilt, I've been advised it will not handle the power (1st mistake). So, we will likely sell it and procure a T56 magnum. That's the major stuff. I will start a build thread in the next few days.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Vince,

I will be looking forward to your build and pictures. And no question is dumb and make any observations that yoiu like. Join in on any thread as we try to just have fun as well as talk cars and watch each members build to see what we can learn from their ideas.

Are you going to race the Cobra or just drive it for fun?

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 07-21-2017 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
    MY ALBUMS

While spirited driving is always a joy here in the Ozarks, an occasional autocross or track day will certainly be in order, if for no other reason than to safely find the limits without exchanging paint or worse.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Vince,

I will be looking forward to your build and pictures. And no question is dumb and make any observations that yoiu like. Join in on any thread as we try to just have fun as well as talk cars and watch each members build to see what we can learn from their ideas.

Are you going to race the Cobra or just drive it for fun?

Ron
    Well Ron I take exception to the comment above that no question is dumb.

Example: Why do men have a penis and women don't???? Answer that one for me.

Cobra/Engine
    Well Silver it is because they are men and women are women. And besides Catlin Jenner has one.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Well Ron I take exception to the comment above that no question is dumb.

Example: Why do men have a penis and women don't???? Answer that one for me.
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Better start on the hard parts first. Which wheels and what color?

Cobra/Engine
    Kerry,

What wheels are you using on yours? And have you decided on a color yet?

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Kerry,

What wheels are you using on yours? And have you decided on a color yet?

Ron

Wheels and tires were easy for me but I think Fugi is going modern. Same with colors, Guardsman on mine.
    Attached Images

Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    Welcome to the group !

I wasn't aware that Richard Oben actually comes to your home, and helps with the build, I thought he was a parts supplier. Having someone with experience on hand, helping to build the FFR, will really speed it up, and prevent the pitfalls. I wish I had someone experienced available, even just to ask questions, or bounce ideas off of, when I was building mine.

The FFCars forum was my godsend. I spent a huge amount of time reading up, and carefully researching, each step of the build, learning about modifications, improvements, etc.. If I had a question, a dozen forum members would jump in with answers, often the same day. I probably spent two hours on line researching, for every hour actually working on the build. In the long run, that proved to be well worthwhile, as (knock on wood), so far my MK 3.1 roadster has been 6000 miles trouble free.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Cobra/Engine
    Mark Dougherty who used to work for Factory Five will go anywhere and work on a car or build it for you. He came out here to change out the hatch on my Coupe and has a business that his son runs doing classics. He is on the factory Five site and his business goes by the name of the Traveling Repairman I believe it is. A nice guy and willing to help any way he can.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Mark spent a few days on Mike Moen's coupe. I made it up there for a couple of those days. Mark is a lot of fun to have around while your car makes a week's worth of progress in one day. A great guy who knows these cars inside and out.

I'm counting on leveraging Richard's expertise to minimize time while improving quality. He has personally completed over 30 roadsters. Assuming I have the facts straight, he did a car in his shop with one other fellow going from crate to "go cart" in 10 working days. I know our build will not be that fast, but if we can have it ready for paint in 90 days we'll be thrilled.

Color will green metallic ('96 Caddy) and cream stripes. '17" wheels.

Cobra/Engine
    Vince,

If you can have it to go cart in 10 working days that will be really great. Many of the builds are taking years. I believe that Kerry is now approaching the century mark.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS