Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was counting on my wife to nix this with a Hell No . . .

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    Wow - don't think I'll be pushing it that hard on the way to work. Great video.
    I was deplorable before deplorable was cool.

Cobra/Engine
    Building FFR Mk 4 Roadster with 347
    Dan,

She is beautiful. Congratulations on the new tow.

Carl
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

Cobra/Engine
    The cloudy weather finally cleared out, the car washed and better pictures.

I think the name of this paint should be Retina-searing Red - almost need to get my sun glasses out to look at it directly in sunlight. Considering how expensive red paints are, I'm surprised Ford doesn't charge extra for it. Several people have commented that I must be venturing outside my comfort zone to go with red.

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlewms View Post
    Dan,

She is beautiful. Congratulations on the new tow.

Carl
    AND your new toe.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Dan,

That is a great car and the pictures are really good. Now I want one darn it.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Dan,

Ron
    Not to fret Ron77,

I'll bet if you ask nicely he'll give you a picture.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Dan,

Ron
    Ron Gotta admit - I didn't set out to buy something that expensive that I basically use to drive to work 3 days a week. I was actually thinking of selling my GTX and looking for a 66 Satellite or Belvedere with a Hemi. But, I'm a sucker for a low mileage, nearly new car that has obviously been well cared for. I saw some new 2018 Mustang GTs on the internet priced at $50k and thought heck man - this thing is several times cooler than that for a bit more.

I think my part time work gig will probably end in about a year and I will probably be truly retired at that point. Then I may have to do some downsizing and economizing.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    I love that they don't use one of those funky engine covers on it. I hate those things.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Dan,

I have looked at some of the GTs and also the GT-350s and I want a GT-350. I looked at the 350R model but that is an all out $90K+ race car and not really what I want for a driver. There is a 2017 Blue GT-350 that I see around here quite often and it is really nice but I like the red better. Now if Nomad would just kink in his part of the money.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Ron - as I've now ventured out on a couple short drives on other than the billiard's table smooth main drags and frontage roads, this thing is a pretty serious car. If the R version is much heavier duty than this I can't see driving one on city streets. It's so low I've about given up all hope of not bottoming the front spoiler - it's just going to be scuffed up. I'm really going to have to watch for speed bumps and drives with a grade break. I'm going to have to build some ramps to be able to get it up on my lift. The car follows every rut and irregularity in the road - more so than even my Lightning. You might think it had bias ply tires. It's hard to describe the suspension - it's not uncomfortable but it's busy and taunt. My 12 GT had the Brembo brake and suspension package and was a nice, comfortable, but good handling car. This thing requires your attention full time and feels like something definitely more than a street car. It's not a laid-back cruiser. The motor is incredible - winds like an electric motor. With the flat crank and left - right - left - right - etc. firing order it has a different sound.

I think the standard 350 should be selling right around the sticker price. If anyone can get it below sticker they have done well. I was shocked how much Ford was charging the dealer for it - not a lot of room in there. I guess after seeing all these $10 & 12K rebate-priced back pickups and SUVs I figured they had about the same margin in these cars - but not so. Just scrolling around the internet the dealers seem to be price gouging the R models.

You should check one out. Maybe Normand will soften up.

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

I have been looking at them for several months and out here they will not budge on the price as the dealers don't seem to be able to get many of them. The R model you have to order about a year ahead of time and then hope the deale can get it but it is not a street car at all. I have mainly looked at the street versions.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS