Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Welcome to Cycleguy55

  1. #1

    Welcome to Cycleguy55

    Please welcome our newest member Cycleguy55 (Brian Fergusson). Here is what he sent to me.
    I have owned a West Coast Cobra since June 2014. I'm always curious about others, but also seek to obtain and share information about the cars, solving problems, etc.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

  2. #2
    Senior Member Carlewms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nokesville, VA
    Posts
    7,672
    Welcome Cycleguy55 ...

    We on the East coast only are allowed to have East Coast Cobras so we are going to be much help ... Just kidding.

    One of the many great things about this forum is the variety of manufacturers as well as the wide variety of characters ...

    Carl The Olde Goat Williams
    From the Olde Goat Garage

    Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

    Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon


    Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

  3. #3
    Senior Member GianM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hartbeespoort, South Africa
    Posts
    5,716
    Welcome Brian!

    There are a few WC Cobra owners represented here.

    Please join in and share some pictures with us...
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

  4. #4
    Senior Member joey4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    746
    Welcome to the forum... WCC here in Ohio
    Joey
    Everything turns out good in the end, if it doesn't there is always Bourbon.
    My Cars

    "Keeping old threads alive for no reason at all"

    West Coast Cobra - Built in 1994 New to me 20 Feb 2016

  5. #5
    GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Posts
    17,730
    Welcome aboard Brian.

    Go to the thread below and post some pictures of you and the car.

    http://talk.cobraregistry.com/showth...ember-Pictures

  6. #6
    Senior Member KING Nomad nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hornby Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    20,656
    I hope it's Cycleguy55, and not Psychoguy55.

    I guess it will become more apparent after he Posts.

    Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

    It's free to join,

    and 50 bucks to get out.
    SEE MY ALBUM

    "When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."



    "She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

    My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    White City, SK Canada
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    I hope it's Cycleguy55, and not Psychoguy55.

    I guess it will become more apparent after he Posts.

    Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

    It's free to join,

    and 50 bucks to get out.
    Probably a bit of both. Don't we all have to be just a little nuts to own and drive these throwback cars?

  8. #8
    Senior Member KING Nomad nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hornby Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    20,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycleguy55 View Post
    Probably a bit of both. Don't we all have to be just a little nuts to own and drive these throwback cars?
    Umm............................................ yep!
    SEE MY ALBUM

    "When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."



    "She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

    My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

  9. #9
    If you're not a psycho when you join us, just give it time.

  10. #10
    GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Posts
    17,730
    Well since we are on the screen name, care to explain it? Bicycle or motorcycles?

  11. #11
    GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Posts
    17,730
    Or is it like the cycle between when you get laid? Kind of like Nomad.

  12. #12
    Senior Member KING Nomad nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hornby Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    20,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Or is it like the cycle between when you get laid? Kind of like Nomad.
    Cycleguy55, do not reply to this man.

    He is off his Meds.

    Again.
    SEE MY ALBUM

    "When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."



    "She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

    My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

  13. #13
    GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Posts
    17,730
    Not true.

    First I'm not a man.

    Second I took them all at one time for this week. That way I don't forget.

  14. #14
    Senior Member joey4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Not true.

    First I'm not a man.

    Second I took them all at one time for this week. That way I don't forget.
    And he washed them down with a gallon of his favorite Beer
    Joey
    Everything turns out good in the end, if it doesn't there is always Bourbon.
    My Cars

    "Keeping old threads alive for no reason at all"

    West Coast Cobra - Built in 1994 New to me 20 Feb 2016

  15. #15
    GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Posts
    17,730
    Sorry Joey, I did not think I had to state the obvious.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    White City, SK Canada
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Well since we are on the screen name, care to explain it? Bicycle or motorcycles?
    I've owned a murdercycle, but those days are behind me - I had too many close calls. The Cobra is my 4-wheeled motorcycle.

    Mostly it's because of cycling. I've put well over 30,000 miles on my touring bike, plus I have 2 mountain bikes, a recumbent tadpole tricycle (https://trikeasylum.files.wordpress....ole-trike.jpeg) and my wife and I share an upright tandem as well as a tandem recumbent tadpole tricycle (http://www.terratrike.com/tandem.php).

    Disclosure: the links are to representative models - not my own trikes

    Trivia: There's an expression in the tandem bicycle world: "Whichever way your relationship is going, a tandem will get you there faster." All I'll say is there are a lot of used tandem bicycles sold that have had very little use - perhaps not much different than Cobras in that regard.

  17. #17
    Maybe it's a good thing that the only miles on our tandem are from me riding solo????

  18. #18
    Senior Member KING Nomad nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hornby Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    20,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycleguy55 View Post
    I've owned a murdercycle, but those days are behind me - I had too many close calls. The Cobra is my 4-wheeled motorcycle.

    Mostly it's because of cycling. I've put well over 30,000 miles on my touring bike, plus I have 2 mountain bikes, a recumbent tadpole tricycle (https://trikeasylum.files.wordpress....ole-trike.jpeg) and my wife and I share an upright tandem as well as a tandem recumbent tadpole tricycle (http://www.terratrike.com/tandem.php).

    Disclosure: the links are to representative models - not my own trikes

    Trivia: There's an expression in the tandem bicycle world: "Whichever way your relationship is going, a tandem will get you there faster." All I'll say is there are a lot of used tandem bicycles sold that have had very little use - perhaps not much different than Cobras in that regard.
    Egads, I've got severe chest pains just reading about your bikes.

    Loved the quote!
    SEE MY ALBUM

    "When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."



    "She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

    My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

  19. #19
    GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Posts
    17,730
    There have been a number of discussions related to the safety of a Cobra verse a motorcycle.

    Having owned both I personally believe the motorcycle is safer.

  20. #20
    I explain to most bikers that my Cobra is a car for the vertically challenged.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •