Thread: Took The 69 Out

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Took The 69 Out

The weather here has been great the past few days. Cool enough for a jacket in the morning and warm enough to get hot in the afternoons. I took the 69 out for a drive and the old gas was so bad I couldn't keep it running. I got a new barrel of 110 leaded yesterday and took it out for a run and it ran great. Next is to get the Coupe out for a good run. Darn it felt good to get away from the house and drive some.

I did kind of embarrass some young guy and his wife that was in a Chevy. I was coming back up the freeway doing about 55 when I saw them coming and he got right on my rear bumper. There were two empty lanes and he wouldn't pull out to pass. I came up behind four 18 wheelers and pulled out to pass them and here he came right on the bumper. After I passed the trucks I pulled back into the slow lane and he did too and he was about a foot off my rear bumper. Now I am getting disgusted with his tailgating. I came up behind some more slower traffic and speeded up to about 70 to pass them and he stayed right on the bumper. Now I am pissed. I pulled out to pass some more traffic and here he came in the outer lane and wanted to race. I just punched it and pulled back into the slow lane when I got past the traffic and he was still four cars back and I only hit 90 for a second or two. But I screwed him up as I pulled in between a truck and car and stayed spaced just so he couldn't get back behind me so he drove along side for a ways and they were gawking at the Cobra and shaking their heads and then I got to my exit ramp and left them. I don't normally do something like that but that fool was staying so close to my rear bumper that if I had to slow down even a bit he would have hit me.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    More assholes in the world than I would expect. I thought they were all out here.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    It's sad but true - going out for a pleasure cruise can be so stressful due to the goofballs and traffic that it takes all the fun out of it. But if you don't once in awhile the goofballs win.
    I was deplorable before deplorable was cool.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Dan,

I don't think that either of them knew what a Cobra was as she kept looking at the emblems and he was shaking his head. Normally I stay off the freeway as much as possible but I drove down to the truck stop South of Redding and there is no back roads that I can take to get all the way there. If I had been driving the coupe I wonder what he would have done. I drove it out to the airport a week or so ago and came up behind some guy in a pickup and I saw him look in his rear view mirror and he immediately signaled and pulled over to the side of the road to let me by then he followed me but at a safe distance. When I got there he came up and asked me about the car and said he had never seen one and it sounded good. those kind of people I enjoy talking to.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS