Thread: Sebring Through The Decades

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Sebring Through The Decades

Thought this was interesting.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Lots of fun to watch. Thank you for posting this.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    Building FFR Mk 4 Roadster with 347
    Thanks for the post ... I think a road trip will be on my list once the car is finished.
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Just think how lucky we were to have lived in that time period and see those cars.

The cars were all different with different companies/race teams taking different approaches in designing and building their cars. The rules were such you could do that, verse today where almost all race cars are cookie cutter cars.

Thanks for sharing that video Ron.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlewms View Post
    Thanks for the post ... I think a road trip will be on my list once the car is finished.
    It had always been my dream to take a Cobra on a long road trip and I did it. We were gone a month and even my senior bride liked it. Well most of it. Going through the Stockton area when it was 105+ was not fun to her, but it was only a few hours.

I will probably do it again if I get another Cobra. I'm guessing it will be a solo trip this time.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Silver,

Way back when we could get the Kit Car Builders magazine here there was a guy from Hawaii that would send his Cobra to Oakland and then come drive it via the Southern route and up the East coast and back to Oakland via the Northern route. But he had a lot more desire than I did. He posted pictures of him in the Grand Tetons and he had to chip ice off the steering wheel every morning before he could start out. Then he flew it to Europe and spend a couple of weeks driving all over there. Now those are what I call long road trips. I believe the trip here in the lower 48 he said he put just over 9,000 miles on the Cobra with all of the driving around.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS