Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Original Cobras coming up for auction in 2018

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    That is not common unless they have re-bodied it using an original body from another Cobra.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
    The body has a different CSX number than the frame. How common is that?
    Chassis No. CSX 3102
    Engine No. C3A3-3059-A
    Body No. CSX 3005
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Is it fake?

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    I don't think so. I actually knew a guy here that had an original 289 Cobra that he destroyed the body on and he re-bodied it with a fiberglass body and they let him keep the original CSX numbers and it counted as an original cobra but I am sure the value dropped a lot by replacing the body with a fiberglass one. However his original 1966 427 Cobra he never did anything to as it wasn't wrecked.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Hurricane HM 2006 / FE & Toploader
    Sundude,

Have you seen CSX3281 it was here locally, completely restored put up for sale and now it's not listed but did not see it hit a auction?

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance 427S/C Cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
    The body has a different CSX number than the frame. How common is that?
    Chassis No. CSX 3102
    Engine No. C3A3-3059-A
    Body No. CSX 3005
    CSX3102 has a convoluted history. It was originally sold as a 427 street roadster, but was seriously damaged in a collision by the first owner. The next owner purchased the body from CSX3005 directly from Shelby American, and the car was eventually completed by a subsequent owner.

Race driver Bob Johnson had originally ordered CSX3005 with some custom bodywork, featuring various scoops and vents and whatnot. However, he never took delivery and the chassis from CSX3005 was sold to a customer in Japan.

Here's what CSX3102 used to look like, before the current owner had it restored to street configuration last year:

Quote Originally Posted by Tmark390 View Post
    Sundude,

Have you seen CSX3281 it was here locally, completely restored put up for sale and now it's not listed but did not see it hit a auction?
    CSX3281 was sold at RM Auctions Scottsdale in Jan 2010 at a hammer price of $575,000 USD. I next saw it listed for sale through Motorcars International in Springfield MO in Jan 2015 at an asking price of $1,249,500 USD. I haven't seen it since.

"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
    and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot."
    - George Carlin