Thread: Shelby America Walkthrough

Shelby America Walkthrough

This is a walk through the Shelby America store and site in Las Vegas where you can buy a $25 T-Shirt for $40.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Last July when I went to the FSH, I brought back a friend of mine that owns a 2007 Shelby Mustang.

He wanted to stop there which was fine with me, but I had also been away from home for close to 2 weeks and really wanted to get home.

Well we got there in time for the "tour". The tour consists of listening to this guy talk for over an hour in the car display area. They save the tour of the shop until the very end. Which is understandable, because if the shop tour was first I'm guessing 90% of the people would leave after that. After 45 minutes of listening to this guy drone on, I said screw this and grabbed George and told him we were leaving. I really wanted to get home for dinner.

Anyway I think their tour is kind of a scam in a way. If you want to see what you are really interested in, then you have to sit through the rest of the BS and sales pitch.

When I took the tour, once inside the shop, you really didn't see that much. They made you line up against a wall, when you came in. Talked a little bit, then back out the door you came in. On the wall behind you, you could sign your name. My thinking was Shelby didn't sign things for free, so I wasn't signing the wall for free.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Glad I did not wait around any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by hotfingrs View Post
    When I took the tour, once inside the shop, you really didn't see that much. They made you line up against a wall, when you came in. Talked a little bit, then back out the door you came in. On the wall behind you, you could sign your name. My thinking was Shelby didn't sign things for free, so I wasn't signing the wall for free.
    That was my experience as well. We certainly didn't get a 45 minute sales pitch, it was probably closer to 20-30, and more a history lesson than a sales pitch - but that was February 2014, so perhaps things have changed.

I took the tour a few years back ...

At least this website is written up on the wall now.

Carl
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)