Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Members Please Read

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

All Members Please Read

Lately the technical threads are getting to far off topic and some members aren't to happy about that and rightly so. When a person asks a question or posts something technical that they want to help others with or find out about it is common courtesy to stay on that topic and not wander to far off and all of us would greatly appreciate it if those type threads could be left free of the jokes and other off topic comments. You can start all of the off topic threads that you want and there is no problem with than and the Lounge is good as it is as that isn't a place for technical posts anyway.

Thank all of you for your co-operation to help improve the site to prospective members and to the already great member base we have.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    We have technical threads? About the closest I can recall are the build threads by Carl and Bill. I just did a quick scan of the recent threads and couldn't find anything technical.

Maybe we need a technical section to eliminate any confusion.

Cobra/Engine
    Best time of 9.14 ..all motor
    Some things never change. Give one of these complainers a glass of water if they were stuck in the desert, and they'd still find something to whine about. That the exact reason I stopped posting on the threads I started.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Hey guys come on. On most sites they would ban people for taking serious threads off topic. Try that over on the Factory Five site and a few others. You can start other threads in the Forums, I am just asking you to not take any thread that someone starts asking a question or posting some technical advise off into the nether land. If it will make you feel better I will quit as Administrator as I spend way to much time on here anyway. I am tired of the 2 to 6 hours a day that I spend, most of it not in the Forums but in the administrative section and I don't monitor the threads like maybe I should. And I am as guilty as anyone for taking them off track. Look at what happened to the Tuning webbers thread. That went so far off that when I finally had time to look at it I had to read the whole thing to be sure what it was about. So instead of getting angry how about just starting another thread when you have something funny or want to joke about something.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 12-03-2017 at 04:06 AM.
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Well as one of the most guilty parties, I will attempt to do better.

However with that said, I also have a comment as I do pay attention to this.

At least for myself I do not take a technical thread off topic until the question that the OP had is answered by one or more people. And sometimes I slip and actually post a serious answer for which Nomad chastises me.

So I guess I have a question. Once the technical issue has been addressed, can we kid around or is it still off limits?

Cobra/Engine
    Silver, so far as I am concerned once the question or post has been answered to the posters satisfaction then members can post other stuff on that thread. Otherwise the thread just dries up and goes off into back pages and if anyone comes along later with a question that pertains to that thread it is hard to locate sometimes so if it is kept closer to the front it is easier to find and it can go back on track.
    I know this isn't going to suite some members but I don't want the site to become just a dry technical site like some of them. But Jim has the final say on posts as I spend most of my time in the administrative side of the site and not here in the Forums.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by hotfingrs View Post
    Some things never change. Give one of these complainers a glass of water if they were stuck in the desert, and they'd still find something to whine about. That the exact reason I stopped posting on the threads I started.
    If it makes you feel any better Jack, I kind of agree with you. A group of people that are happy with the way things are going should not be made to change due to one person. However if there are a number of people that feel that way, then yes, a change is warranted.

Cobra/Engine
    Building FFR Mk 4 Roadster with 347
    I am also one of the guilty parties ... hell I think I have even done it on my own build thread. I can see both points of view ... and can see that if the thread gets too far off track how that might be distracting to the OP.

What I love about this forum is that compared at least to the others that I follow (including both FFR related forums) we have much more freedom of expression here.

Perfect Example: Because it showed street racing ... the FFR forums removed the recent thread on the Cobra vs. Nomad race because it depicted street racing. We here are mature enough to recognize it was street racing and not go out an be copy cats but I guess they are worried that readers on the other forums would be so they removed it.

My dos centavos
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

sorry if i made to some mistakes... sometimes i have that scratchy feeling of "kid around" as Silver said in posts i didn't check first on subject.
    Normaly we can do that free in the "Lounge" section posts , no ?

o well, if i do it again it's that damned booze.

now, i have no complains about you guys posting in my very tech threads.... but stay on topic

Cobra/Engine
    You couldn't do a technical thread if you life depended on it WaffleHead.

that's not nice of you Silver.... i change oil myself ! Even the filter !!!

PS sorry Ron/James but i had the right to defend myself. no ?

now i will stay on topic !
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 12-03-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Cobra/Engine
    Changing your adult Depends does not count as an oil and filter change.

Cobra/Engine
    F*ck. Just look at us.

We have taken the anti-off topic thread off topic already.

you are ho'ing this thread Silver .... shame on you !

PS i had to Google "adult Depends".... you damned !

Cobra/Engine
    my only "real" Cobra is a 428 SCJ engine
    Ron,

When we get on your nerves take a break and view the stuff at viperalley. They'll make us look a whole lot better

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    Ron,
    I'm not getting mad. I honestly can't recall or find that many technical threads and certainly not any that have gotten off topic quickly enough to upset anyone.

Cobra/Engine
    Best time of 9.14 ..all motor
    Quote Originally Posted by Al G View Post
    Ron,
    I'm not getting mad. I honestly can't recall or find that many technical threads and certainly not any that have gotten off topic quickly enough to upset anyone.
    Breathing in and out upsets some people here, enough to complain.

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance / 427 SO
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    F*ck. Just look at us.

We have taken the anti-off topic thread off topic already.
    I was laughing and thinking exactly what you said here before I even read it !

Ted

PS- I think I would generally agree that it would be nice to keep the technical threads on track. I know that I have personally given up on reading a thread looking for "the answer" because it has gone so far off track, and sometimes for several pages. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Shootnride; 12-04-2017 at 05:03 AM.
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootnride View Post
    I was laughing and thinking exactly what you said here before I even read it !

Ted

PS- I think I would generally agree that it would be nice to keep the technical threads on track. I know that I have personally given up on reading a thread looking for "the answer" because it has gone so far off track, and sometimes for several pages. Just my two cents.
    Got a question then.

Based on the response above I have to assume that it was taken off topic before the answer was posted? Or are you looking for more opinions?

And look at this! I'm on topic.

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    I believe that we try our best to allow as much freedom as we can on this site. The fact that we some times wander off topic is a by product of that fact. I hope that gentle nudges that Ron and I occasionally give are not taken personally. There is not one person on this site that Ron and I have any issues with. In the past I have referred to this site as "family". Sometimes with family you have to be truthful and give consideration to every one's feelings. Please bear with Ron and I as we walk on a very narrow tight rope.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."