Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to Dominik

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Dominik,

A great start. Ron's idea of putting this in a build thread will work better.

JIM
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1965 289 bored .030 over
    Looking good Dominik. Welcome aboard, I am on the CC site as well. Good to see you over here and looking forward to your build.

Jim

Cobra/Engine
    4" round tube chassis, 390 FE (unfinished)
    Okay, let me start a new thread :-)
    I asked Walter Roehrl: How can this be 700 hp on dirt road, I can't even keep my Fiat Uno with 45 hp going straight? W: It's all about the tires. - (right...).

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Attachment 17635

This was in 2002
    Welcome from the West coast of Canada Dominik!

Some serious attitude in that photo.

Soon as I read about your location, I too thought of Tarren and Bronwyn.

The two of them built a spectacular Snake, and if there is any way to contact them, I'm sure that it would be a great experience for all.

I know that Gian has kept me abreast of the trials and tribulations of acquiring the parts and services required to construct a Cobra in

South Africa. You really do have a daunting task, when compared to North America. Price, availability, etc.

One thing you do have though, is one of the most beautiful settings on the planet!

The photo's I've seen are beyond gorgeous.

Having said that, I have been paying close attention to your water situation, or rather lack of...........

Hard to fathom.

If we could only share.

In closing, I hope that you enjoy the group.

Cheers.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    4" round tube chassis, 390 FE (unfinished)
    Thanks Nomad!
    Day Zero (no more water) had just been moved to July 9. Right into our rainy season. That gives hope!

We can manufacture almost about anything here in SA, but US parts require imports which are expensive.
    Just last week I visited a chap who threw all his 390 motors away before Christmas..

It was much better 10 years ago. I had four 390 blocks myself. I built one even with a real 4-barrel "SHELBY" intake from a 428 Shelby Mustang. That car was $10.000 then. Wrong axles, 351 motor... Who could have knows that prices go up that much!
    I asked Walter Roehrl: How can this be 700 hp on dirt road, I can't even keep my Fiat Uno with 45 hp going straight? W: It's all about the tires. - (right...).