Thread: Welcome to 65slotcar

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF

Welcome to 65slotcar

Please welcome 65slotcar (Bill Murawski). Bill is from California and sound like a real car guy. Here is what he sent to me.

hi Jim,

My interest in Cobra's. Well my interest is in all Shelby related cars. at 12 years old my neighbor and good friend bought a 68 shelby conv. i got hooked on all Shelby cars. went to SAAC 3 in Pasadena at a very young age. witnessed the red mark 4 trying to get traction at Ontario speedway. i have been to 4 SAAC conventions since.

Today, i'm a Nor-cal Shelby member. Participated in 3 open track events. own a 2017 gt 350 and still working on my 65 mustang fastback track car. The history of the Cobra's are very interesting to me. I'm building 1/24 and 1/25 scale models of as many Cobra's as possible. Searching all my Cobra books to get exact colors and decals for all the racing cobra's, i came across the Cobra Registry Forum. Great photo's !! Need to see more! like racing cobra #178 427 is it black ? Right now i have enough decal sets to make about 14 different racing 427 cobra's and about 10 289 comp cobra's.

i'm 54 now and will most likely donate all finished models to the Cobra museum in Martinez Ca. The Cobra Experience.

thanks ,

Bill Murawski
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

thanks for adding me to forum, i jumped the gun and posted introduction.

Bill

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Bill,

I saw it and liked the fact that you jumped right in.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Bill,

Welcome to the site and post some pictures of your cars. Do you ever get up to Thunder Hill? I used to run there some but got to old to really race so now I just drive the cars and have fun with them. That GT-350 is one of my all time favorite Mustangs. Did you get the "R" model or the more civil street/track one

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    KCC 241, 408C, FMX transmission
    Welcome Bill and great having you here.
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Bill,

That is no problem. I did archive that thread so the members won't be welcoming you on two threads.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by 65slotcar View Post
    thanks for adding me to forum, i jumped the gun and posted introduction.

Bill
    MY ALBUMS

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Bill,

Welcome to the site and post some pictures of your cars. Do you ever get up to Thunder Hill? I used to run there some but got to old to really race so now I just drive the cars and have fun with them. That GT-350 is one of my all time favorite Mustangs. Did you get the "R" model or the more civil street/track one

Ron
    IMG_0031.jpg hi Ron, i bought the street gt350, if you can call it street. it's stupid fast , not very practicle for street use and by far the best purchase decision i have ever made. LOVE IT!

Cobra/Engine
    2005 Superformance, SPO1950, 402R Roush, 515hp, TKO600
    Welcome to the madness Bill from your friends north of the border!

Stu.

Cobra/Engine
    Bill,

That is one nice car and we have another member or two that have them. There is one that I see around here that looks almost identical to yours.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Welcome aboard Bill, and that is one nice looking GT350.