Thread: An Old Cobra Crash

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

An Old Cobra Crash

This is an older video but at least she crashed at a garage.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    I remember that. Ouch - hope she had her shoulder harness on. I've about decided I may be getting a bit old and sedate in my driving. Running my ERA up through the gears slowly the other day and apparently pushed a bit more on the throttle in 3rd than I meant to and the second carb suddenly kicked in and the jump surprised the crap out of me for a moment.
    I was deplorable before deplorable was cool.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Dan,

You can cure that by doing it more often. I take my cars out on a rather lightly traveled road and blow them out by using 2nd or 3rd gear and I do that at least once a month.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    Your right Ron - I need to do it more often. My stock GTX is pretty manageable - I go out from time to time and burn some rubber off from a stop. The 427 Vette and ERA just have too much power for me to feel comfortable getting on them hard in first gear - I don't trust myself to keep my wits to hit my shift as the tires hunt for traction and the engines hit redline so fast. I do better with hard 2nd and 3rd gear pulls although I run out of road pretty fast.

Kind of like the GT350 - even though it revs pretty fast with a 8250 rpm redline - since it's a bit soft down low and the tires hook up well, I feel almost like I can lean back and sip a cup of coffee watching the tach needle wind so far around the gage giving me time to mentally prepare for the shift. S)%
    I was deplorable before deplorable was cool.

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

I never get on any of mine in 1st gear as that is just a waste of tires. A good hard steady pull in 2nd or 3rd to the red line does the job and keeps them cleaned out.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS