Thread: A personal New Years promise

A personal New Years promise

I am sorry to say I didn't even drive my car in 2016 . My son drives the car regularly and I am hoping this
    coming year to drive my car and maybe try and make the Texas Cobra meet this spring . I was wanting to
    see my car and buy a FFR Daytona but changed my mind on that pipe dream . I have had some health
    problems and doing better now and I think I will just keep my Cobra .

I am not one to seek attention but quite often here in Sulphur Springs my car gets all kinds of attention
    since I am the only Cobra (that I know of ) and sometimes I get pissed when some will say is that a FFR
    Cobra ?...........Or is that REAL . Hell no it ain't real . I always tell the smart ass punks .....IT's REAL TO ME .

I bought a turn key minus from Hurricane and I am pleased , But I really wanted an ERA which I think is
    a better replica than the Hurricane . The Hurricane body is pretty darn close. I have scared myself several
    times in the Cobra because I think I am Speed Racer and get turned on by the fear , I used to fly some
    acro in real airplanes and it is the same type of adrenaline rush for me and maybe more .

I have too many projects also . I have a Piper Cub that I am going to sell this year and spend more
    time working on my car on details . I have another project a 65' Mercury Comet and I am going to
    put a BBC in it . Yes you heard right a BIG BLOCK CHEVY . I have the ultimate Ford already in my
    Cobra .

The old snake himself used to hang out at the Mt. Pleasant airport with Scott Glover flying with him
    due to his health problems . I wished now I had taken my car to show him as I heard he would have
    not been so pissed as earlier years . For those of you who are aviators you understand that flying can
    make you forget about cars .........except when I get into my blue beast and scare the crap out of
    myself . Then car has seen 155 (if the speedo is right) and totally a bonehead and felonious thing to
    do . But in these days of cars doing 200+ easily the 0-100 mph is still quite thrilling .

So in 2018 I am going to try and have more fun with my car and enjoy having the closest thing to
    a real Cobra that I will ever see . I have 4500 miles on my car now and it seems to be trustworthy
    for extended trips . I am one of those guys who doesn't care if I get rock chips and scratches on
    my car . Forget that ! One thing that upsets me though is people getting up on my ass to take a
    look at my car , so i just pull over and let them by . I am getting old and bitchy LOL .

Drive safe and responsible and have a nice New Year 2018 . Mike aka FuzzyDiceRide .

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    That is a great way to plan your year and I do hope that you will get to drive the Cobra more. I never got to drive mine as much as I would have liked to due to the record heat and my own health problems which are just carrying over into the new year. The 65 comet sounds like it is going to be a real screamer. As for the rock chips and scrapes mine still has them from the racing days and I just want to drive it and I don't care if it looks perfect or not. Besides the darn tail gaters the ones that I hate are the ones that pull up beside me and then start coming over into my lane as they look at the car. I have been ran clear off the paved part and into the gravel a couple of times by those idiots. And I am getting very bitchy and will slow down to make them pass me.

So have a great 2018 and hopefully you can enjoy the Cobra. I stay on back roads as much as I can to avoid the traffic.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Mike,

That sounds like a plan. I wish you a lot of smiles per mile.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Damn, Mike and Ron sound like a couple real grouchy old bastards.

Happy New Years gentlemen and have a grouchy evening.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    And who does this tag line belong to?

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    And I freely admit it Ron.

I never thought I would be an ole grouch . I have lost all of my close friends now and he is 87 and I am 61 . I liked hanging around with these guys . I grew up fast and hard . My best friend in life was 20+ years older than me . I miss him a lot . Constant pain from a serious hip injury has hindered me a lot . I finally kicked those damn pain pills ! I just deal with it like countless others do. afterall we are reallu in this all together.

When I get in my Cobra and hear those pipes talking to me that world stops for a while ........And to be truthful I like the attention my car brings . I let kids and their parents get in and take photos . So what if I got a scuff on my seat cover ? I was in the auto upholstery business for over 40 years . Don't sweat the small stuff like perfection ......I never could attain
    that anyway .