From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Ford is on my shit list at the moment.

Last Wednesday morning it would not start. Dead battery. Later in the day I jumped from the Viper, which is a pain in the ass by the way as the battery is in the trunk.

Ran fine until this morning. Dead again. Jumped it and it started. Let it run for a while and shut it off. Dead again.

Should have kept the Infiniti.

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    How old is the battery?

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    That is only one of two advertisements that I ever saw for the 1969 Cobra and they weren't shown on TV very often or long. They did show the Torino GT ads quite often and for some time. I wouldn't even have know about the Cobra if the dealer hadn't told me.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Al G View Post
    How old is the battery?
    Just a little over a year. It's a 2016 Explorer.

I'm guessing it's either the charging system or the navigation system is staying active sometimes when you shut the vehicle off.

Cobra/Engine
    1966 Classic Roadster 408w Keith Craft Stroker 515hp 530trq
    Gosh Ron, I thought that was a video of you driving to the lake!!
    "Never attribute to malice that which is more adequately explained by stupidity" Hanlon's Razor

Common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Greg,

That was the only advertisement video for the Cobra that I ever saw on TV and I only saw it twice. Ford says they made another one but I have never seen it. For some reason they just didn't advertise the 69 Cobra as they pushed the GT instead.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    Facebook doesn't let me visit since I refuse to join.

Silverback - never had an OEM battery fail quite that quickly but I wonder if warranty covers it? I should think so.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

I don't belong to any of the social media sites but I could see that video OK. However here it is from You Tube. And when I was there I checked and this is the oly one m,ade for the Cobra and it had very limited TV showing time.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
    Facebook doesn't let me visit since I refuse to join.

Silverback - never had an OEM battery fail quite that quickly but I wonder if warranty covers it? I should think so.
    I'm thinking charging system as it quit running when I let it idle after jumping it.

Cobra/Engine
    Silver, is your battery located so you can get to it and put a voltmeter across the terminals to see if it is charging? I had one battery that acted a lot like that and it was just 4 months old. It would start if I jumped it but as soon as I shut it off it wouldn't start. And it showed it to be charging but when we put a load test on it the thing just fell flat. It was a defective battery in my case.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Dan,

I don't belong to any of the social media sites but I could see that video OK. However here it is from You Tube. And when I was there I checked and this is the oly one m,ade for the Cobra and it had very limited TV showing time.

Ron
    Ron - went back again and found I could get past the Facebook log in page by clicking on he "not now" box. Guess I always gave up too easily before.

Good video/commercial of a very cool car.

Thanks
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    KCC 241, 408C, FMX transmission
    Great ad Ron!

Interesting looking gear lever knob at 1:19...
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Cobra/Engine
    Gian,

They never used that ring in the cars. The knob is just like mine but for some reason that reverse lock out ring never seemed to work out well. I think they may have used it on a few of the GTs but am not sure about that. The knob itself is walnut with the 4 speed shift pattern inlaid in the top.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Silver, is your battery located so you can get to it and put a voltmeter across the terminals to see if it is charging? I had one battery that acted a lot like that and it was just 4 months old. It would start if I jumped it but as soon as I shut it off it wouldn't start. And it showed it to be charging but when we put a load test on it the thing just fell flat. It was a defective battery in my case.

Ron
    They replaced the battery. Said it would not take a charge.

Seems funny to me as it was intermittent and I have never seen that in a battery before.

Guess we will see over the next few days.

Cobra/Engine
    Gian,

They never used that ring in the cars. The knob is just like mine but for some reason that reverse lock out ring never seemed to work out well. I think they may have used it on a few of the GTs but am not sure about that. The knob itself is walnut with the 4 speed shift pattern inlaid in the top.

Ron
    Apparently Ford didn't forget about that reverse lock out ring as it's back on the new Shelby Mustangs (and I think GTs)

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

I think it is a good thing. I had the t-bar on my 65 Galaxie and the only thing I had trouble with was the cable broke once and I had to replace it. I wish they had put a lock out on the Cobra as reverse is to easy to slip it into if you don't pay attention.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

I think it is a good thing. I had the t-bar on my 65 Galaxie and the only thing I had trouble with was the cable broke once and I had to replace it. I wish they had put a lock out on the Cobra as reverse is to easy to slip it into if you don't pay attention.

Ron
    Did you have a Hurst in the Cobra Ron? Hurst apparently never thought it was needed on a street car although some competition models had a separate reverse lock out lever. I kind of like the lock out too - my Corvette has a Hurst shifter with a pretty short lever and it takes a pretty good yank to get it over into the reverse gate. My ERA's Hurst is about the same but it has a longer faux Ford lever on it which is longer and I have more leverage (don't have to yank as hard).

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

No I never had the Hurst linkage. The Coupe has a short lever and I have to pull and push it pretty hard so I don't worry about accidentally trying to yank it into reverse.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS