Thread: Bob Bondurant tribute Cobras to debut at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2018

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance 427S/C Cobra

Bob Bondurant tribute Cobras to debut at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2018

Shelby American Inc. is going to debut two Bob Bondurant tribute Cobras at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale event which runs from Jan 12 to 21, 2018.

Both cars are based on CSX2345: Car #3 replicates the car as it ran at Spa in 1964, and the #21 car replicates how it raced at the Rossfeld Hillclimb in 1965 (and how it remains, unrestored, to this day in the Shelby American Collection in Boulder CO).

Read press release here: http://www.tprm.com/authentic-bob-bo...rrett-jackson/

CSX2770

CSX2771

Last edited by SunDude; 01-02-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    "Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
    and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot."
    - George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    I drooled all over the keyboard. Now I need a new computer.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    Beautiful car but Shelby American seems to be going overboard lately with all the limited edition tribute versions.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    That's because they can charge more for them.

Shelby is now driven by the $$$$$$

Cobra/Engine
    my only "real" Cobra is a 428 SCJ engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    That's because they can charge more for them.

Shelby is now driven by the $$$$$$
    Now????????

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    You are correct Kerry. Thanks for correcting me.

I have a good feeling that they sell more "Limited Edition" Cobras than standard edition versions. Seems to be a new one or two every year.

A tremendous amount of work goes into the Tribute cars created in the last few years. Dan Gurney, Allen Grant and Bob Bondurant are all still here with us and these Tribute cars are an acknowledgment of the part they played in the history of the Cobra and Carrol Shelby. The time spent researching each of the cars and the little differences that were on each car is staggering. For the #3 Spa car, we discovered a small detail that came to our attention when some new photos of the car came into our hands. By scanning and enhancing these photo we found something that was not correct. Ross had a special piece made and it has been shipped to the USA and will be put on here hopefully for the Barrett Jackson event. These cars are really special and do command a higher price than the standard continuation cars, that?s just business I guess. You can even retrofit the original style Girling disk breakers on these cars. The toggle switches are period correct and the same as those used on WW2 bombers. (NOS) it is truly amazing what you can learn with a few thousand hours of research.... we have also expanded the wiring diagrams and owner?s manuals. And every Tribute car comes with a unique historical document documenting the racing history and unique features of the car.
    Blas
    Last edited by Blas; 01-12-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Blas,

Thanks for the information. That will surely be a big help to anyone that is thinking of buying one of those cars.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS