Thread: Welcome To Silverton_Ford

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Welcome To Silverton_Ford

We have another new member today and he has some very nice cars already.

Hi Ron,

My name is Brian Littlefield. I am 34 and live in Salem, OR. I have been a Cobra fan since I can remember, probably about 6 years old. My Dad has been a big influence on my passion for cars. We have always worked on cars together. I currently have the following cars: 1966 Mustang fastback, 1956 F100, 1969 Cobra Fairlane 428CJ, 1930 Model A Roadster, 1931 Model A sedan and a 1978 Ford F250. One day I would like to own a Cobra. I will probably venture towards a replica, but I want to learn more about them first. I would like to find the most accurate one as possible. I have been reading about Kirkham and ERA lately.

Thank you,
    Brian
    Last edited by Ron77; 01-10-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Ron,

Thanks for bringing him on and welcome to Silverton_Ford I hope you like the site.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Thank you!

- Brian

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    Welcome to the best Cobra site.

I recognize your user name from somewhere. Club Hotrod or SAAC?

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Welcome to the greatest Cobra site around.

When you say you want the most accurate replica, are you referring to the looks or the entire car?

Quote Originally Posted by Al G View Post
    Welcome to the best Cobra site.

I recognize your user name from somewhere. Club Hotrod or SAAC?
    SAAC. I frequent that site quite a bit. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Welcome to the greatest Cobra site around.

When you say you want the most accurate replica, are you referring to the looks or the entire car?
    Thank you.

Accuracy in both appearance and entire car to a point. I am looking at the different options in building a car myself and I realize there are a lot of avenues to go. I don't want to get too crazy buying NOS parts or items for a 100 point car, but I would like to build one that is as close to "correct" as I can. That leaves some interpretation, but at the same time something that can be fun to drive and enjoy. In reality my goal is a ways out in my timeline, but the more I learn will only help me with my goal.

The ERA FIA 289 body is really appealing, but then the Kirkham 289 body looks very nice too. The happy medium between funds, timing and work needed will all have to come together when the time comes.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Both Kirkham and ERA are the best so far as looking and being as close to the originals as you can get. I would prefer the Kirkham if I could afford one as I have seen several of both brands and the Kirkham aluminum body is very good as is the quality of their work. I believe that both brands stand behind their products as well as anyone and they will help you if you get into a bind with something. And both are fun to drive and enjoy. Do you plan to race the car at all or just drive it and show it?

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    1965 289 bored .030 over
    Brian,

Welcome aboard! You are in the company of friends. I might suggest that you take a look at the Superformance 289's as well. I race a 289 FIA cobra and it is a fun car. I have been in Superformance 289 slabsides and they are nice cars as well. The Superformance cars use the same frame and transverse leaf spring suspensions as the originals. The 289's lines are nice as well.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Jim

Cobra/Engine
    I agree with Jim above.

Your best choices are Kirkham, ERA and Superformance. The Kirkham and Superformance cars come complete minus the drivetrain. The ERA can be assembled at the factory or you can build it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Do you plan to race the car at all or just drive it and show it?

Ron
    Drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by 289FIA View Post
    Brian,

Welcome aboard! You are in the company of friends. I might suggest that you take a look at the Superformance 289's as well. I race a 289 FIA cobra and it is a fun car. I have been in Superformance 289 slabsides and they are nice cars as well. The Superformance cars use the same frame and transverse leaf spring suspensions as the originals. The 289's lines are nice as well.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Jim
    Jim,
    Thank you for the advice. I will look into the Superformance. Do you have any pictures of your car?

Brian

Cobra/Engine
    1965 289 bored .030 over
    Brian, Here are some photos of the car when I picked up the roller and after I changed it to a pure vintage race car. You can also go to my build thread to see some pictures.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpgIMG_0981.jpg

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 289FIA View Post
    Brian, Here are some photos of the car when I picked up the roller and after I changed it to a pure vintage race car. You can also go to my build thread to see some pictures.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpgIMG_0981.jpg

Jim
    Very nice! That is a cool car. Thank you.

Cobra/Engine
    Building FFR Mk 4 Roadster with 347
    Silverton-Ford

Welcome aboard. You are guaranteed feedback from this bunch of nuts.

Carl
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

Cobra/Engine
    I'm not nuts. I'm bananas.