Thread: Excalibur Question

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Excalibur Question

Hey guys, a new member over on the other site just got an Excalibur Cobra and he is wanting a soft top for it. He thinks maybe the Factory Five top would work but do any of you know for sure if it would?

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Sorry, no idea.

Cobra/Engine
    2005 Superformance, SPO1950, 402R Roush, 515hp, TKO600
    I do not know Ron

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    I thought the Excalibur was the same body at the CRII. There is no way the FF5 top will fit on the CRII.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Jim,

The Excalibur Cobra was modeled after one of the originals and I believe the wheel base may be the same as the originals. There used to be a couple around here but one burned and I don't know what happened to the other. The guy asking the question said he had did the measurements and they seem the same as the Factory Five but he wants to be sure before he spends all of that money.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    Isn't the Excalibur one of those plus-size replicas? Sort of a 110% scale Cobra? If so, I can't imagine many body parts from a stock size Cobra adapting to it.
    I was deplorable before deplorable was cool.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    In the long run he would probably be better off going to an upholstery shop and having one made.

With that said I owned my Cobra for 5 years and put 21,000 miles on it and the top was still in the original factory bag when I sold the car.

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

I don't think so. Excalibur was one of the only Cobras back then that you could register as a regular type vehicle. They came from the manufacturer already built and tested and then when they started the crash standards they went out of business. Also the fact that they had a tendency to catch fire and burn didn't help either. The catalytic converters were right against the bottom of the car which was fiberglass and they just got to hot. I saw two of them here that had burned and did they ever burn hot.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
    Isn't the Excalibur one of those plus-size replicas? Sort of a 110% scale Cobra? If so, I can't imagine many body parts from a stock size Cobra adapting to it.
    MY ALBUMS