Thread: In memorium Richard G RossTrust

In memorium Richard G RossTrust

I will try this again. I guess I'm so upset that I forgot to hit the post button.

Yesterday I lost my good friend Richard (Rick) Ross. I met Rick through Jan in the early 70's. Rick was Jan's boss at Mercantile Trust Bank in St Louis. Rick used to campaign a bug eye Sprite in the SCCA. Morris you may have known him. Rick and his wife Libby were the 1st people to visit us when we moved to Wilmington, DE (the 1st time) and they were the 1st people to visit us when we moved to England in '94.

Rick had health issues due to MS. He fought bravely for over 25 years.

I am proud to say he was my friend.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Jim,

I am truly sorry to hear about your friend. Just be happy that you had the time with him that you did. There are only three of our old group left and that counts me.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Ron,

As I said in my PM I guess we are at that age. It still hurts.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Jim,
    Sorry for losing your friend. Let the good memories help you through this.
    Al

Jim,

My condolences for the loss of your good friend. It is near easy loosing someone that is close to you. As others have said, recall the good times together and laugh about them. Remember him in your heart.

Jim

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Quote Originally Posted by 289FIA View Post
    Jim,

My condolences for the loss of your good friend. It is near easy loosing someone that is close to you. As others have said, recall the good times together and laugh about them. Remember him in your heart.

Jim
    I agree.

It's tough getting older and losing friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    I will try this again. I guess I'm so upset that I forgot to hit the post button.

Yesterday I lost my good friend Richard (Rick) Ross. I met Rick through Jan in the early 70's. Rick was Jan's boss at Mercantile Trust Bank in St Louis. Rick used to campaign a bug eye Sprite in the SCCA. Morris you may have known him. Rick and his wife Libby were the 1st people to visit us when we moved to Wilmington, DE (the 1st time) and they were the 1st people to visit us when we moved to England in '94.

Rick had health issues due to MS. He fought bravely for over 25 years.

I am proud to say he was my friend.

Jim
    Jim I think I met him at M.A.R. A couple of times.....and he was a great guy.....it’s hard on us as we lose folks close to us....and you have my deepest regrets.....but the memories are wonderful.....God Bless him and his family.....

Jim,

I can't add anything to what's been said above. It's always hard to lose someone close to you and you should consider yourself lucky to have had such a good friend.

Kevin

Jim,

My condolences and prayers for you and Rick. It sounds a little corny but I convinced when someone passes that was very close to us they take with them part of our hearts ...

The heart ache we feel is that missing part they take to comfort them in their passage and reminds both of the strength of that friendship.

Very Respectfully,

Carl
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

My condolences to his family and his friends like you Jim! We never knew him, but I'm sure he left this world a better place and made a positive difference while he was here...

As others have stated, it sucks losing our friends (and family), and as I age, I'm constantly reminded that we must appreciate our loved ones more, and make the time and effort to keep in touch with them.

On the 10th January, I arranged a breakfast for 5 of my former colleagues who were all on pension now. Not three weeks later, one of them passed away after a short illness. It sucks big time, but I am glad I was able to see him one more time before his time ran out....
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

I would thank all of you for your kind responses. It might be the only thing besides time that eases the pain.

Sorry for your loss and good for you to publically celebrate someone close to you and who influenced your life! Helps their legend live on!

Jeff
    Jeff Grice
    Great Lakes Cobra Club
    http://greatlakescobraclub.com/

Jeff, yes it does.