Thread: Buying A Car Off Craigs List

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Thumbs up Buying A Car Off Craigs List

Well if he thought he had problems getting his money he should try it out here. I went down a few years ago to take $50K out of my account when I still had that much and I thought they were going to have me arrested. But I don't buy from Craig's List.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    I don't even look at Craig's List.

However I do have a bank story and will give the short version.

I made a check deposit from a company that was a refund on the service program we had on my senior brides Infiniti.

Made the deposit on Thursday. On Saturday we stopped for lunch and my debit card was declined. WTF? There was a substantial amount of money in the account. She tried her card and it was the same. So we paid with a credit card and headed home to see what the hell was going on.

Called Key Bank and their fraud department had locked our account, both checking and savings because we had made a deposit that was out of the norm. And to top it off the fraud department is not open on weekends, so we could not access any cash.

First time I ever heard of an account being locked because of a deposit. As soon as we got that straightened out we closed the Key accounts and set up our account with Chase.

The only way good way to purchase and sell cars worth more than 10K is with wire transfer. You can't even deposit large sums of cash these days without getting a federal investigation. Getting your own cash withdrawn over $10K can be a needless pain in the ass at most bank branches. Bank's don't even recognize cashier checks anymore without a hold.

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    For decades I always sold my own used cars and purchased used cars from individuals. Lately however, I've just gotten paranoid about the hassle and rip offs and I've been trading in at my loss I know. Wire transfers - I'll have to keep that in mind. I guess with a wire transfer to the seller you should walk away with the title and all at the transaction. I used to take a check for a car but hold the title until the check cleared. Not any more.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    West Coast Cobra/460/Richmond 4+1
    I did my purchase with a cashers check, easy.
    Joey
    Everything turns out good in the end, if it doesn't there is always Bourbon.
    My Cars

"Keeping old threads alive for no reason at all"

West Coast Cobra - Built in 1994 New to me 20 Feb 2016

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    I have a friend coming back into town on Saturday that may make a $400K cash offer on a house. Have to wonder how that will go for him.

Cobra/Engine
    1966 Classic Roadster 408w Keith Craft Stroker 515hp 530trq
    Maybe we should all get accounts like the politicians have. They don't seem to have problems accepting and depositing large sum of money!!
    "Never attribute to malice that which is more adequately explained by stupidity" Hanlon's Razor

Common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    It makes it a lot easier when you own the bank and are withdrawing tax payers money.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Hurricane HM 2006 / FE & Toploader
    Craig's list is getting pretty sketchy in most places. A friend about fell victim to one up in St. Louis pretty scary story.

I don't deal in anything above maybe 5K but even then always heed the words of Don Henley "Lot's of shady characters, lot's of dirty deals" and "Always carry weapons cause you always carry cash"