Thread: F1

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper

F1

Well the ESPN coverage of the F1 race sucked. Multiple times the announcers were talking and they went to commercial while they were still talking. Then they had a yellow safety car period and they went back green while on commercial break.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    They must be taking lessons from the morons that NASCAR has. The races have become secondary to the talking mouths and commercials any more.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Hurricane, 351W bored/stroked to 408
    OMG!! It was the worst coverage ever. Please bring David Hobbs and Co. back. Had recorded the pre-race and unless there was a tech glitch on my recording, the first 15 min. had no sound. Then to top that off the pit lane commentator ( Martin Brundle I think) was wondering around talking to mostly nobodies. Couldn't seem to catch up with any of the drivers so he interviewed the safety car driver!!

Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    They must be taking lessons from the morons that NASCAR has. The races have become secondary to the talking mouths and commercials any more. Ron
    Isn't that the truth..Many times I record the race, and watch it in fast forward. I slow it down to play, if there is a caution to see what happened, and usually for the last 15 laps.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    I really missed the old team of broadcasters. The coverage as mentioned above sucked.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    4" round tube chassis, 390 FE (unfinished)
    Been suffering from this since the mid 90s in Germany. Their commentators are the worst. "Oh my it's Hakkinen off track. Hakkinen is out of the race." A minute goes by. "Sorry, it was Coulthardt". Meanwhile in 1999 they were voted best commentators ever. Go figure...

I perfected watching: Fall asleep at the first commercial, woke up in the last lap!
    I asked Walter Roehrl: How can this be 700 hp on dirt road, I can't even keep my Fiat Uno with 45 hp going straight? W: It's all about the tires. - (right...).