Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else That Can't View Videos

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Anyone Else That Can't View Videos

Is there anyone besides Jim and Dan that can't see the videos in the posts? Jim could see them on the 11th but can't now. I have no problem seeing them on either computer with both operating systems and using Chrome as my Browser. I have checked everything that I can and see nothing wrong with the site. Anyone who has a problem please post what OS and Browser they are using.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    You were right (yet again). The only way for me to see the video is to go to edit the post and copy/paste the address and put it in you tube. Curses!
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Jim,

Something has changed in your computer since you could see them OK on the 11th. What Browser are you using? I can see them using both Chrome and different operating systems. I have them coming out in an hour or so to do the Spring check on my Heat Pump and air mover and after that I will be free for the day.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 04-14-2018 at 03:28 AM.
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Hurricane HM 2006 / FE & Toploader
    All I am seeing now is a big black box.

Cobra/Engine
    Mark,

Which one is it that you can't see? I have checked everything I can find and nothing is wrong that I can see. And I have tried with two computers and three Browsers and I don't have any problem seeing any of the videos.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Mark,

I have just gone through all of the posts with videos in them and I have no trouble at all seeing them. Did yours start the same time Jim and Dan's did? And the big black box you see. Is that the size of the video and just no picture. Jim says he just sees the little black square. And he could see them on the 11th and then the same ones he couldn't see later.

Did any of you get any updates to Flash Player or anything like that when this started or add any plug ins to your Browsers?

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 04-13-2018 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Add more questions
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Hurricane HM 2006 / FE & Toploader
    Big black box the size the video would be started about the same time as Jim. Unfortunally I don't control updates on this computer.

Cobra/Engine
    Mark,

What OS is that computer running and which Browser are you using? I went and got a laptop and used it and had no problems and several other members have sent me PMs saying they have no problems. Carl tried his IPad and it had no problems. So we need to find out what is common among you and Jim as you both started having this problem at the same time.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    I went back through some of your older posts Ron, that I had viewed earlier. Now they are all just black boxes. I did go through an update a few days ago - put it off for a couple weeks. Could be something to do with that.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

I have gotten several PMs from members and they say they have no problems at all. It seems to be just you, Mark, and Jim so something must have changed in your computers. I even logged out and came back on as a regular member in case my Administrative Privilege was letting me see them and I could see every video that I found in all of the Forums. Carl said he had no trouble seeing them with his IPad. So we need to figure out what the three of you had happen after the 11th.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    OK, here is a possible cause of your problem. I don't know what Browser you are using but I use Chrome. I switched to IE 11 and I just see the black squares and it was working earlier. I looked and there were two updates that came down on the 11th which is when it stopped showing the videos. Since I don't use IE I didn't look to see what the two updates were but if you are using it, look those two updates up and delete them and see if that isn't the problem. Then you can put them back in one at a time and see which one caused the problem. This could also be the cause of your problem if you are using some other Browser, but it is a Browser problem.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance 427S/C Cobra
    I'm using Chrome and can't see the videos either. First time I noticed was yesterday when I went to embed a Vimeo link in the Girls and Cobras thread. I assumed that the forum wasn't working with Vimeo and just left it as a hotlink.
    "Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
    and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot."
    - George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    I've been avoiding using Chrome at all but maybe an update sneaked it in on me. I'll try to check if I can figure out how.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    Brian'

I can't remember but I think there was an add on that you can get from Google to add onto Chrome that takes care of this. I just remember that I got one and my Chrome works on every site and in both Computers. As for Vimo I have never been able to ember a video from there on any site and maybe Chrome just doesn't work with it. Or it could be the site won't allow whatever format Vimo uses to be embedded. I know that some sites won't allow certain formats to be embedded and you have to use the link.

Ron

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

Which Browser do you use? Firefox has had trouble with videos on some computers as I see several questions over on the tech site about that. However using IE and going to You Tube they will show and play OK. So something in those updates has blocked embedding them I would guess. I never bothered to check while I was using IE as I don't use it and haven't for years except to test something like this. The biggest problem I see people having on the tech site with Windows 10 is they lose their sound and sometimes videos when it updates and some of them have to go to the site of whichever cards they have and download the drivers again. A real pain and why I don't have Windows 10. I did some playing with it during the Beta testing and didn't like a lot of the things it does.

Ron

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Ron,

I get the black box the size of the video. I am going to run through the suggestions that recommended in your PM tomorrow. There was a windows upgrade about the time all this happened.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Delete your windows and go with doors.

Cobra/Engine
    Ron - I'm using Explorer.

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

Something has changed in IE as I went back to it and get the black square. I haven't used it for a year or so but it worked the last time I tested it which was maybe a month ago. Maybe an update or some change in IE itself via an update. If I feel like taking the time I will see if I can find out what changed later on.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Explorer Windows 10.

Large Black Box, no audio or visual.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.