Thread: New Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

New Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Doc,

You need one of these. I like the display of data as he is making the lap.

Published on Apr 20, 2018
    On April 16 the Porsche 911 GT3 RS set another benchmark for road-approved sports cars at the N?rburgring-Nordschleife circuit in Germany: Porsche works race driver K?vin Estre set a lap time in 6:56.4 minutes with the 520-hp GT3 RS. The Frenchman?s lap time was 24 seconds faster than the best time achieved with the previous GT3 RS model. Porsche development driver Lars Kern was sharing driving duties with Estre. Following the 918 Spyder and the 911 GT2 RS, the new GT3 RS is the third production Porsche sports car with a notarised lap time of less than seven minutes on the world?s most demanding race track, known as the ?Green Hell?. As is customary for record drives, the time was measured around the 20.6-kilometre lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jW-FVAd2o

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance / 427 SO
    Good post Ron. After watching that video I'm worn out. Kind of gives you some perspective on what it takes to be a competitive race car driver and be able to do that for several hours at a time.

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    A very worthy race car.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Well if I was as rich as Nomad I would have both a GT3 and a GT2 in my stable.

I also watched the GT2 video that came up after the GT3. Very impressive cars.