Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Detailing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Car Detailing

I had the Cobra detailed by a professional detailer a week or so ago and it came out great. Now he is coming back Friday to put a double layer glass glaze on it that is guaranteed for five years and he said that would make the red look even deeper and better. After that whenever I can get it scheduled I am going to have them do the Coupe as the Cobra has really attracted a lot of attention for it's look now. I should have had this done a long time ago. They did it all by hand inside and out and cleaned the motor and engine compartment. I am very happy with the outcome.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Way to go, Ron!

When one's car is clean and shinny, it even drives better and you feel gooood....
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Ron,
    That sounds fantastic. I know how to do it, but I don't enjoy it anymore, so I'd just as soon pay someone.
    Evan

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    I actually enjoy doing mine. Gives me an excuse to drink beer.

I used to enjoy doing that stuff Silver, but my back is to bad for me to do much of it now. I had rather pay and watch it done. And they do a fantastic job both inside and out and all by hand.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    I used to enjoy doing that stuff Silver, but my back is to bad for me to do much of it now. I had rather pay and watch it done. And they do a fantastic job both inside and out and all by hand.

Ron
    That's why I drink beer. Self medicating pain killer.

Nice Ron.

Cars love to be pampered too!
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Gives a new (old) meaning to "wax job".
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Ron - how about some pictures of this detailed beast.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Dan,

They are coming Friday to put the two coat Ceramic Glaze on it which will make it stand out even more and then I will get some pictures of it. I was amazed at what the detailing did as it really looked better than when it was new.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

They can do some amazing work restoring the finish these days. The Jag looked great before I gave it to my daughter.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Here are a couple of pictures of the Cobra after the Ceramic Glaze was put on. The red is much deeper than the pictures show but that color is really hard to take a picture of and get the true depth of color. Look at the rear panel and front fender where they are in the shade and you can get some idea of how it looks.

Notice near where Robert is putting the first coat on you can see more of the depth.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Absolutely beautiful Ron...

Holy crap.

A couple of pictures of the man that did the work with the cars.

After both cars were double coated and back in the garage.

Robert With Cobra

Robert With Coupe

Cleaning Wheels & Tires

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Does he commute to Arkansas?

Seriously - would still like to see some outside pictures but I can tell they look amazing.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Dan,

I will try to find some place that I can get a half way decent picture maybe next week. Right now I am having some very serious problems and so is my best friend and we just don't feel up to doing much of anything. I just pray that next week may be a turn around for both of us.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Only do the things you feel up to doing. I understand.

Ron - hope you get to feeling better. I'm suffering a little allergy induced sinus infection myself. Used to be when I was younger I would just get the non-stop nose running, eyes watering hay fever attacks and take some Actifed and with in a hour I would go to sleep and wake up feeling better. Now, in my later years my nose never runs and it drains down the back of my throat and builds up infection which I don't realize at the time, until my throat starts swelling and getting sore instead and my head is all stuffed up and I develop a cough. Very insidious - I think I preferred the old continuous nose running symptoms better. Getting old is just one medical thing after another.

Dan,

Thanks, you just described what my allergies cause except they also infect my inner ear and I get so dizzy that I can't stand up sometimes. And I may also lose one of my little dogs and that has me worried sick. But whatever happens to me, you still have Jim to run the site. He should be the Administrator and then he would need another member to work with him as Moderator.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS