Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Detailing

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Dan,

Amen brother
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Dan,

Thanks, you just described what my allergies cause except they also infect my inner ear and I get so dizzy that I can't stand up sometimes. And I may also lose one of my little dogs and that has me worried sick. But whatever happens to me, you still have Jim to run the site. He should be the Administrator and then he would need another member to work with him as Moderator.

Ron
    You are too damn ornery to die and will out live all of us.

But get to feeling better so I can fling some poo your way.

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Ron,

As I have said many times before, I should not be the administrator! I don't have the technical expertise. I will happily continue as moderator as long as you are the administrator. I can barely figure out where the on/off switch is on this damn thing.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Hi Ron,

Been a while since I visited here on the registry.

Both cars look great, hope you feel better soon, did you show them at cool April nights.

Tony R.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Hi Tony,

Good to hear from you again. And no, I never went to the big car show as it was kind of nasty and raining a little at times. I took the Coupe down to a friend's show and shine and barbecue and had a good time. Now the wind is blowing and the pollen is so bad I am trying to avoid that.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Ron,

The pollen is so bad out here that 2 hours after you wash a car it is green regardless of the original paint color.

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    Hope you get to feeling better soon Ron. I went to a clinic and got a steroid shot and some antibiotics Thursday. Felt pretty good Friday morning but tried to do too much and relapsed in the afternoon. What crap!

Sorry about the ill dog. We have gone pet-less now for over 30 years because of being traumatized by the death of our cat we had when we got married (yeah, I know - cat people and dog people). We decided just not to deal with it anymore plus my wife has pet allergies. Fortunately we have a lot of wildlife to keep us entertained.

And some of it is a little too wild. Caught my 3rd Raccoon of the year Thursday. I needed to go to work so I told my wife to just call animal control and have them pick it up to release. She reported later that this was a really crazy one - spent hours in that trap rolling, twisting, shoving, reaching out and pulling in anything it could get it's paws on - even caught the edge of the sidewalk and pulled the whole cage over to where he could start grabbing mulch, landscape light wiring. My wife got so worn out watching him, that she started taking it carrots dipped in peanut butter to calm him down - which he loved and did slow it down for a little bit - and then it would just go back to trying to escape. Ann said it was the wildest thing she had ever seen.

But I digress - get better soon.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Dan,

It would seem that the Raccoon wasn't happy in the trap. We don't get much wildlife here in tows except when they come down looking for food or water. Then we get the occasional bear, deer, and mountain lion.

The darn wind is blowing here today and I can just see that pollen in the sir. I had planned to get one of the cars out as our temperatures are just in the mid to upper 80s now but are supposed to start going into the 90s soon. But with this wind and my sinuses I had better stay out of the wind as much as I can. As for the rest I got some much needed rest and am feeling pretty good. I did call my vet and am taking Sweetheart in Monday morning for him to check her and see if he can do anything.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Here they are in the garage after everything was finished.

MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    Ron,

The pollen is so bad out here that 2 hours after you wash a car it is green regardless of the original paint color.
    Jame's, we have just made it through our ANNUAL 2 months of alder pollen. Yup, everyone were driVng yellowish green cars. It is always bad because it is so fine, it will go right through quality car covers, thus contaminating them, unless they are laundered! And is it ever ABRASIVE! Not as bad as Mrs. Silverback, but damn near.
    Last edited by nomad; 05-13-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    Well I did pickup my senior bride at the airport this morning.

And I will have you know Nomad that she would have to move up a few notches to be "abrasive". Hell, I wish she was only abrasive.

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Well I did pickup my senior bride at the airport this morning.

And I will have you know Nomad that she would have to move up a few notches to be "abrasive". Hell, I wish she was only abrasive.
    Did she fall, or was she pushed?
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    What the hell do you think?

Cobra/Engine
    KCC 241, 408C, FMX transmission
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Here they are in the garage after everything was finished.

That's a formidable looking line-up Ron, and the envy of many...

Looks fantastic, now you should go out and enjoy them!
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    worth every dollar.