Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASCAR For Sale

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Okay, we have some smart people here. How would you fix it if you bought it?
    I would try to get owners, manufacturers and major sponsors on board with changes to get back to the kind of series the fans supported. Get rid of the standard car template and let the manufacturers compete with what the actually produce. Make them run a factory body and wheelbase. If that means Toyota has to run a 4 door Camry so be it. Obviously some concessions have to be made for safety. The chassis can be similar to today but the body is the big change.

Get rid of stages. A 400 mile race should be just that, not three races of 100, 150 and 150. Be very judicious in using the caution flag. A spin that then drives away doesn't need a caution.

Take a close look at how the Australian super car series works. There might be something there to borrow.

Relook the points to be sure running toward the front is being rewarded. Get rid of the current playoff system.

Cost control is probably the biggest challenge to ensure there are enough teams competing every week. I don't have a good suggestion on how to do that but the owners probably do.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    I agree with what Al says but would add to it some. Stop counting caution laps so they don't have so many in order to get in extra commercials, make the teams buy cars from the dealers like they originally did and then let them add the safety equipment to the cars, get rid of most of if not all of the present so called NASCAR officials, and stop the motor mouths in the booths from talking all the time and not showing the race.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
    Now that I can believe.

Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    The races would be more exciting if they ran them like most smaller circle tracks do. Have two shorter heat races, say 50 laps, then a 150 lap feature race, with just the top 15 from each of the heat races competing. There would be more exciting racing, then watching a single 300+ lap race. Perhaps they could even run another class of cars the same day, to give the crowd their money's worth.

They could also cut out this "Lucky Dog" BS. If a drivers down a lap, he has to make it up, not just get a free pass because a caution comes out. I agree, get rid of these stages they have. What is with that anyway? Unheard of in any other car race. Be like having a lunch break every 4 hours at LeMan's..
    Fast at any speed-Cobra