Thread: Watched Two Races

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Watched Two Races

Well I watched the Formula 1 race in Monte Carlo and the Indy 500. Several cars wrecked in the 500 but they were all one car wrecks except one. And Danica Patrick finished the race just as I figured she would. I may watch some of the NASCAR 600 mile race later but am not to sure.

https://sports.yahoo.com/danica-patr...172843615.html

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 05-27-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    It was a fitting end to Danica's career. The only surprise for me is that she didn't crash sooner.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Both races were kind of boring.

For the most part unless it was a restart the Indy cars could not pass.

And at least Danica could not whine that someone else caused her to crash. She did it all on her own. And I like how they kept saying she was retiring. Bullshit. No one would sponsor her.

The other thing I noticed was I did not see Arron Rogers there unless I missed it. Maybe he kicked her to the curb too.
    Last edited by Silverback; 05-28-2018 at 02:59 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    I saw pictures on my news feed. He had not kicked her to the curb...yet. I was glad to see Ricardo win. He deserved it. Another race where there was very little passing.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    That new low down force design seemed to take away much chance to pass unless they did it on a restart. They are getting to much like NASCAR in to many ways.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    just own a 95CobraR
    I watched all three races via DVR:

F-1 had maybe two passes in the entire race. It was boring.
    **I love Monoco and the Provence-Alpes-C?te d'Azur.***

Indy was more interesting. Congatrats to Will Power. It was a great race.

Nascar was boring. I recorded it and still fell asleep. I woke up to see a bunch of Toyota's win the race. Very boring. When did Toyota every make a fast car? Never.

Nascar should ban Toyota until they make a decent car. Who would buy one?..

...Ok, My mom has a Camry which she drives 20 Mph below the speed limit.
    Doc
    1995 Cobra R and a couple of Porsche 911's
    NRA Life Member

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Well Doc, I have said it before but show me a single Toyota that has a pushrod V8 and I will eat the damn thing,

Cobra/Engine
    Well I only watched about 10 minutes of the NASCAR race and the 3 morons used most of that time to tell everyone how great they were. To me NASCAR is no longer about racing but about how many minutes the Waltrips and McRenolds can stay on TV in between commercials. And the races are boring to me also.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    just own a 95CobraR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    ..To me NASCAR is no longer about racing but about how many minutes the Waltrips and McRenolds can stay on TV in between commercials. And the races are boring to me also.
    Ron,
    I actually like the Fox broadcast over the NBC broadcast (which takes over in a ~month?).

My favorite Nascar races are the race at Sonoma Raceway in June, the two races at Watkins Glen, the one race at Mid-Ohio, and the awesome race at Road America (all in August).

I know a lot of good friends working out of Charlotte for the leading teams so I support them. I have a good friend who has a daughter working in Nascar corporate. It's a good job around here when you can make $150,000 a year when 20+ years old.

I've read that the IMSA series has new sponsors and also bought the ARCA racing series. All owned by Nascar.

Nascar owns Daytona, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, and Sebring (among the major road racing tracks). It could be the younger folks are trying to own every road racing opportunity?

I figure the France family will have to go public with an IPO to just escape the family "death tax"? Liberty Formula-One did it first.
    Doc
    NRA Life Member

Cobra/Engine
    Doc,

There are people from here that work in NASCAR too. Kyle Larson used to race here and in Chico and is from here and several mechanics and other people work for them. I just don't like watching cars go in circles and no one can pass unless someone in front of them screws up or has a wreck. Road racing I really like and I wish they would bring back the Trans Am series. I never even watched the 600 mile race last weekend.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    just own a 95CobraR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    ...I just don't like watching cars go in circles and no one can pass unless someone in front of them screws up or has a wreck...
    I agree.

I wish they would scrap the street racing courses that F-1 and Indy have. There is little room to pass. I like the big long tracks that allow cars and drivers to pass.

My point on Nascar is that they have the cash to move car racing forward. For example, They bought Road Atlanta and IMSA from Don Panoz. Road Atlanta was almost bought by a developer who was going to tear down the track and build big houses on the site.

Nascar signed a deal with NBC for $2.4B and has another deal from Fox for $2.2B. That seems like a lot of money and some of it will go back to racers and supporting racing motorsports.

I am their worst customer since I never watch a commercial due to the DVR. I also mostly FF and watch the last 20 laps.

I attended as a spectator the Walter Mitty vintage event at the end of April. It was a great weekend, and I didn't have to buy race tires or race gas. My next event will be the September HSR race in September followed by the Rennsport Porsche Reunion VI at Laguna Seca the last weekend in September (it expanded from three days to four days). I love the track and have a room booked. I'll fly in a couple days early to hang around the area.

P/S Toyota sucks.
    Doc
    NRA Life Member