Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start up a Real 427 Shelby Cobra from 1965?

Smile Start up a Real 427 Shelby Cobra from 1965?

SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

That is a nice car but it sure hasn't been driven much.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Judging from the quick glance at the serial #, its a "continuation" Shelby Cobra, not a real original one as they would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Reynolds View Post
    Judging from the quick glance at the serial #, its a "continuation" Shelby Cobra, not a real original one as they would have you believe.
    Absolutely right. CSX4205.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    At least to me, the continuation series is not an original Cobra.

A replica?
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Quote Originally Posted by S_Reynolds View Post
    Absolutely - maybe from 1995 or 2005, but not from 1965. Shelby gages, seats bottoms contoured for thigh support. Didn't watch long enough to see the serial number.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

A "real" Cobra........... geeeeeeeeeez c'mon guys! Nothing but a continuation Cobra. I hate when owners try to pawn these off as originals!!

Stu,

What gets me is they try to say it is from 1965. And if they haven't changed the law out here you can only register those as Special Construction and using the SB-100 Bill.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

That's my point exactly. There NOT 1965's

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    That's my point exactly. There NOT 1965's
    It's an original Shelby Cobra, but not a 1965! Let me get some popcorn...
    Maybe it was even built after Ol Shel passed on. So we differentiate between the pre and after ... (let me leave)

;-)
    I asked Walter Roehrl: How can this be 700 hp on dirt road, I can't even keep my Fiat Uno with 45 hp going straight? W: It's all about the tires. - (right...).

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    It's an original Shelby Cobra, but not a 1965! Let me get some popcorn...
    Maybe it was even built after Ol Shel passed on. So we differentiate between the pre and after ... (let me leave)

;-)
    Advertise it for what it is, a Shelby Continuation Cobra built in the 2000's. I don't know about you but when someone says "real Cobra" I think about the originals.

<sigh>

In Germany it's even worse. When asking the owner of a Cobra if it's original, they tend to point leasurely at the "H" on their number plate (which indicate it's 30+ years old - "Historic") and reply: "Well, it's over 30 years old..." And as such suggesting it's a 60s original car.
    Of course, this joke got a bit old, because nowadays many replicas are over 30 years old, too. <sigh>

I wish any sales ad for "our" cars would have the manufacturer name in the ad, like SPF Cobra or ERA Cobra,... Or, in above case clearly states the year of manufacture.
    I asked Walter Roehrl: How can this be 700 hp on dirt road, I can't even keep my Fiat Uno with 45 hp going straight? W: It's all about the tires. - (right...).

Dominik,

That would certainly clear things up as I am like Stu and when anyone says it is a real Cobra I think of the original 1960 models. The ones made in Las Vegas are real Shelby Continuation Cobras but to many people try to play on the word real to make people think they are one of the 1960 models. Of course if you ask them the price you will know instantly they aren't an original. I even saw the Pawn Starts try to push one of the Las Vegas models off as real until some guy called them on it.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

I remember a thread that ran for 100's of pages on CC about this. I wonder how Evan is doing.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    I ran into an asshole at a cruise in that said his continuation series Cobra was the real deal. He did not like it much when I reminded him that his car, and my Superformance were built in the same facility in South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    I remember a thread that ran for 100's of pages on CC about this. I wonder how Evan is doing.
    I hope we don't rehash all of that here.

Al,

God help us if we do.

We won't. If people want to read that long boring discussion about real versus original they can go read it on the other site.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    We won't. If people want to read that long boring discussion about real versus original they can go read it on the other site.

Ron