Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why don't you participate?

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine

Question Why don't you participate?

This Forum is growing stale.
    There are presently 1,019 Members.
    In the average Month, approximately 15 Members, and I'm being generous, participate by starting Posts or commenting.
    It's always the same old, same old.
    We get absolutely no participation from the Owner of this Forum.
    None. Nada.
    To say that's a disappointment is a gross understatement.
    I share emails with about 1/2 of the Members that actually Post on here regularly. I don't have a need to be on here, yet I do, trying to generate some activity.
    We have at our finger tips, a Forum that excels above all others, from the afore mentioned 15 or so contributors, and yet, the remaining 1004 Members that own Cobras, or have owned Cobras, or lust after Cobra's, refuse to lessen the load of those who do the heavy lifting, to keep this fine Forum afloat.
    So in closing I have but one request.
    Please Post and tell us why you don't participate. Perhaps there is something we could do to make the Forum more accommodating.
    I'll make you a ONE TIME OFFER if you do.
    Send me via Pay Pal $15.00, and I'll mail you a FREE ice cream cone.
    This Offer is time limited.
    I await your response.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    All of the forums slow down during the Summer but you are correct that we don't seem to have much activity here from many who used to post. I have tried contacting a few of them but never heard back so I don't know what to do. I guess I will go climb up in the attic of the garage and see what I can get straightened out.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Well said Nomad. Ron and I talk about this often. We don't "burn" people who post as some other sites might do. I sure wish more people would Create a subject or comment on something, While I appreciate those of us who are posting often it would be nice to hear from the 200 to 300 members who log on but don't say anything.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    How many of those 1019 members have even logged on in the last month or even longer?

Jim - are those 200-300 regulars or infrequent?

I took a break last year so I can understand if someone does that. But Nomad's right there are very few of us who participate regularly (I hope I'm one of the 15 he counted). Sometimes I don't comment on a particular post because I just don't have anything to say. That doesn't mean I didn't appreciate the post.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Well if the truth be told, I don't like that Silverback guy.

He is nothing but a trouble maker and an attention whore.

If he was banned I would post more.

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    Well, I'll see if I can screw something up to post about. I'm usually good at that.

Went for another drive in my ERA today. Amazing how much smoother it is running on 8 cylinders instead of 7.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    This is interesting. I just looked at the member list. There are 33 pages. I sorted by number of posts and the first 16 1/2 pages are members with 0 posts. The next 5 pages are members with 1 post. I had to go all the way to page 29 (out of 33) to get to members with more than 20 posts. So the 1019 members is quite deceiving. Half of them have never posted and almost 85% of them have fewer than 20 posts.

Cobra/Engine
    Okay, okay. I can take a hint.

I will post more.

There, are you happy now Nomad?

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Okay, okay. I can take a hint.

I will post more.

There, are you happy now Nomad?
    Angel Of Death,

take me now.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    It's a conundrum that Ron and I talk about all the time. I guess the inner family is what keeps us working like we do on the site. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the people who still log on and visit the site saying "HI"
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    When you get right down to it - it's a Cobra Forum and in the overall scheme of things, there just aren't that many Cobra replicas or real ones in total. I'm sure a lot of people who sign up are Cobra want-to-be owners who have an immediate, over powering interest in owning one and then the desire fades as they begin to understand the costs, issues and limitations (probably can't drive a stick) and go back to their regular social media. Gradually they lose interest and drift on to something else and disappear. And a lot of real owners sort of go through the ownership as a phase of life - buy one and enjoy it for a few years and then as the years go by they slowly loose the enthusiasm, sell it and move on.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Angel Of Death,

take me now.
    I hate to break this to you Nomad, but it won't be an angel that comes for you.

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
    When you get right down to it - it's a Cobra Forum and in the overall scheme of things, there just aren't that many Cobra replicas or real ones in total. I'm sure a lot of people who sign up are Cobra want-to-be owners who have an immediate, over powering interest in owning one and then the desire fades as they begin to understand the costs, issues and limitations (probably can't drive a stick) and go back to their regular social media. Gradually they lose interest and drift on to something else and disappear. And a lot of real owners sort of go through the ownership as a phase of life - buy one and enjoy it for a few years and then as the years go by they slowly loose the enthusiasm, sell it and move on.
    Good Post DanEC!
    SEE MY ALBUM

Cobra/Engine
    if I could - 289 FIA style
    Good morning.

I drifted away due to life circumstances that overwhelmed me and removed most of my happiness, but the deep desire for a cobra has not gone a way, the pilot light remained burning. I have come through it and things are MUCH brighter.

Just last weekend I saw a Factory Five pull into a parking lot, still in beautiful red gelcoat (eye of beholder)...so had to go look, chatted with owner.

The burner is lit, I'm back checking out the sites, including this one. Sad to see its fading but nice to see you "regulars"

Brian
    Youth is wasted on the young

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Brian,

I hope that things get much better for you soon and that you can get your Cobra. And don't be afraid to post just because you don't have it yet. Many of us go through spells when things can't seem to get any worse, and in my case they always seem to do so before turning around. So hang in there and good things will come.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by DBBrian View Post
    Good morning.

I drifted away due to life circumstances that overwhelmed me and removed most of my happiness, but the deep desire for a cobra has not gone a way, the pilot light remained burning. I have come through it and things are MUCH brighter.

Just last weekend I saw a Factory Five pull into a parking lot, still in beautiful red gelcoat (eye of beholder)...so had to go look, chatted with owner.

The burner is lit, I'm back checking out the sites, including this one. Sad to see its fading but nice to see you "regulars"

Brian
    Good for you Brian. I got the Cobra bug in the late 70s and even have brochures for ERA and a couple others from 1980. The bug kind of faded and returned in cycles over the years but in 2009 I finally placed my order for an ERA - 30 some years later.

Cobra/Engine
    My wait was 36 years Brian.

You can do it.

NEVER say never.
    SEE MY ALBUM

Cobra/Engine
    Drove an original when I was 16. That was 1967. Actually it was 1968 when I drove it.

Finally got my Superformance in September of 2007. So it was 39 years for me, but the wait was worth it.
    Last edited by Silverback; 06-24-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    my only "real" Cobra is a 428 SCJ engine
    If my life was more interesting I'd post more.

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    If my life was more interesting I'd post more.
    Yeah - I could resemble that remark too.