Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why don't you participate?

I'm busy redoing our kitchen with a vented range hood, over/under cabinet lighting and a tile backsplash. How interesting is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins View Post
    I'm busy redoing our kitchen with a vented range hood, over/under cabinet lighting and a tile backsplash. How interesting is that?
    Hilarious Kevins!

I've just been helping a neighbor the last few days doing the EXACT same Project!

As well as re and re a kitchen range involving counter cutouts.

While you and I are doing finite finishing work with aplomb,

Silverback is bashing oversized used spikes with his bollocks, into wood slabs and calling it a deck.
    Last edited by nomad; 06-23-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

is a Cobra some kind of midlife crisis ?
    i don't understand why so many sell it after a few years?..in most there's no "fortune" in it , so why not keep it ?? we have our Morgan +4 , for sunny days open trips.... i would never sell it , i don't know a better alternatief ?.o yes, perhaps, but then it's much more $$$$ and would became a "care" instead of "fun".

perhaps alot of Cobras are just overpowered? ? it's fun to rev thro the gears of the 140 HP Morgan in "race modus" .... and still be within "legal" speed....or a bit above

which my 360HP Morgan GTN didn't give…. 2 gears and you risk your license…... so i sold that car. Ok , you "can" drive it slow , but is always tempting…… and soon or later crash it ?.

the fun in open driving has nothing to do with speed.... imho
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 06-24-2018 at 01:46 AM.

Barry,

I know of several people who couldn't wait to get their Cobras and then they thought they should ride like their Cadillacs and get 30 miles per gallon. Also they were way overpowered for those idiots and they managed to either wreck them or scare themselves badly. I tried to get one guy to go to the track and take one of the driving schools and he informed me quite rudely that he had a lot of money and didn't need any dam arriving school. Two weeks later he spun it out and then sold it right after that.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

As a new FFR builder my discretionary time is already limited with the build. It's funny how before I started the build I had more time, but nothing to say. Now I could post lots of details about what is going on, but don't have the time. When issues come up that are beyond my limited knowledge (which is most of the issues) I reach out via phone to friends like Kerry or members of the local Cobra Club. It's not that I don't find this Forum or either of the other 2 I'm members of to be beneficial, it's that I have no patience to post and wait for an answer or don't have the time right now for posting.

Hope this helps. I have enjoyed many things I've read or links to Cobra/car videos, amusing opinions and insights.
    Cheers,
    Fugi

Vince,

Don't worry about it. We know what it is like to get involved in a build and the time it consumes. When you get caught up post some pictures of the car if you don't mind.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Vince,

We just would like to hear more from some of the other people out there, Thank you for the update.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    Vince,

We just would like to hear more from some of the other people out there, Thank you for the update.
    Yes, clearly Silverback and Nomad are running low on material

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    I will work on my end of it Kevin.

I first contemplated building a Cobra about 1999. Rode in an ERA in 2000 and was hooked, but it took another 17 years to get to the point of actually driving my first Cobra (an ERA street 427 like I'm building), and looks like it will be 2019 before I actually get it. I did buy my "learner" Cobra in 2017 that scratches the itch.

Moral of the story is that the road to Cobra ownership can be long and winding, but it's worth the wait! (There may be a song in there somewhere!)

Quote Originally Posted by belgiumbarry View Post
    is a Cobra some kind of midlife crisis ?
    i don't understand why so many sell it after a few years?..in most there's no "fortune" in it , so why not keep it ?? we have our Morgan +4 , for sunny days open trips.... i would never sell it , i don't know a better alternatief ?.o yes, perhaps, but then it's much more $$$$ and would became a "care" instead of "fun".

perhaps alot of Cobras are just overpowered? ? it's fun to rev thro the gears of the 140 HP Morgan in "race modus" .... and still be within "legal" speed....or a bit above

which my 360HP Morgan GTN didn't give…. 2 gears and you risk your license…... so i sold that car. Ok , you "can" drive it slow , but is always tempting…… and soon or later crash it ?.

the fun in open driving has nothing to do with speed.... imho
    There's certainly a mid-life element. I don't think it's a crisis though (at least not yet!)

Let's face it, even if you have a replica it's still a lot of money for a not-so-practical transportation mode. Assuming you don't go into debt to buy one, unless you're extremely successful at an early age, you're gonna be mid-life (assuming I live to 110!) before pulling the trigger.

I look at it like a boat that I don't need to trailer to water. Still a hole in the asphalt (instead of water) that you throw money!

I plan on hanging onto mine until I can't get in/out of it or drive it. That being said, things change, life happens, and you never know what new passion may take the place of my "Cobra Fever"
    Last edited by ACHiPo; 06-24-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I will work on my end of it Kevin.
    Silverback, the discussion is not about your "end".

Just the mere thought of the visuals makes me queasy.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

Vince's (Fugi1) car is worth waiting for. In addition to being a car guy he's a boat guy. In fact I'd say he's a boater's boater. I would find it hard to do much besides have fun on the water if I were in his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Silverback, the discussion is not about your "end".

Just the mere thought of the visuals makes me queasy.

It's been 5 weeks since my last Nair dip so you will have to excuse my furry look.

Ok, guilty as charged here. No excuse. Once I finally finished my Cobra I didn't have any questions and sort of drifted off. I look in occasionally but don't post or comment. I should at least say Happy Birthday but just haven't and have no excuse for that either. I'll make it a point to be a better member. On that note, Happy Belated Birthday to those I've missed.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is more adequately explained by stupidity" Hanlon's Razor

Common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden

Guilty also here. Sometimes life gets in the way of life ya know? Still working, new house, elderly parents needing a lot of my time, and just stuff in general keeps me busier than I might like to be. But, But, I did iust my profile and add a pic and I will even start a thread!! And will make an attempt to participate more.

On another note, if any of you are in need of machined parts, welding, etc, I have wound the shop back down to just me and have time for one-off projects. I also do 3d cad design so if that helps, I have some time to help.

Thanx,

Pat

Thank you to Greg and Pat for your re-commitment to the site. Nothing has to be multi-hours a day. Once in a while can be a good thing,
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

If there are any monks or nuns that are now former Members of our Forum, how did you kick the habit?
    SEE MY ALBUM

Sex, drugs and rock and roll.

I'll play.
    First, the other forum (which is down right now, LOL) has so much history, knowledge, interesting and provocative threads, etc, that it's hard to leave and start anew. Like some of you early adopters, I was asked by Darren to check it out, post, free t-shirt, etc. It was fun and exciting for a minute but when I needed a question answered, there was a huge knowledge base over there. And the threads captivated me more.
    Second, the threads with teeth are kinda fun. Quite frankly, this forum may be a tad too friendly. Nothing too friendly about a Cobra I'm not looking for fight (anyone who knows me here or there knows that) but if some guy wants to talk about how much better small blocks are, or this company over that company (basically grandstanding why their choices are best) then I'll chime in, ready to play. Here, I have to wade through the love fest to find "Cobra substance".
    I hope I haven't offended anybody. That's just how I see it.
    Oh, also, Facebook. I've noticed quite a few folks missing from CC and the SAAC forum, but they post incessantly on FB. I'm not crazy about it, but it's happened.
    BTW, are any of you exiles from the other sight? CC lost a couple good ones over the years.
    PS: Morris has shown himself to be a true gentleman by posting on both forums. Not many people will double up with online efforts