Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Pikes Peak Hill Climb

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Dan,

That is an interesting story and I bet a lot of fun except maybe for the traffic behind you. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ron
    LOVED it as well!

I could almost picture it!
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    Quote Originally Posted by Al G View Post
    That's a great story. Was there any lasting damage?
    Nope - Mom drove the car for several more years before passing it on to someone else in their little community (at the time) of Monument. They were tough little cars. The replacement plastic distributor gear was still in it when she sold it.

I had another adventure in it when I took my Brother back to school out at Grand Junction in the Scamp after Christmas one year. Got up the next morning to set out for home across the plains and they had had a fresh snow of about 9 - 10 inches over night that completely obliterated all evidence of county road shoulders and ditches - and I was the first vehicle to venture out and down the back highways so I and the Scamp were on own plowing fresh tracks down empty roads. It was an hour or two before I finally made it to a busier highway where there had been some traffic, and finally I made it up to I-70 but it started snowing heavily. As I crept up towards Eisenhower tunnel they started enacting tire chain advisories and started pulling trucks off the highway if they didn't have any - I didn't have any either but I didn't get stopped. The little Scamp just kept trudging along however and except for nearly overpowering the defrosters I finally made past the tunnel and on the downhill slide back home. It was a long day but by the end of it I was pretty fond of that little Plymouth.
    Last edited by DanEC; 06-27-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    The Mighty Mopar!
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.