Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Friggin Hot

Carl,
    Are you in the same Northern Virginia I am? Right now (9:00 pm) humidity is 77% and heat index is 95. I think it's miserable.

Al ... I guess we have our own little microclimate out here in Nokesville ... I was out mowing this afternoon and it was 93 to 94 with a very light breeze. To me that was better than the cooler temps with higher humidity we have had in the last few weeks ... or like early morning when I walk. It was only 72 deg F but 97% humidity and I thought it was pretty miserable.
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlewms View Post
    Al ... I guess we have our own little microclimate out here in Nokesville ... I was out mowing this afternoon and it was 93 to 94 with a very light breeze. To me that was better than the cooler temps with higher humidity we have had in the last few weeks ... or like early morning when I walk. It was only 72 deg F but 97% humidity and I thought it was pretty miserable.
    Sounds like you're doing pretty well Carlewms!

Now if we could just get James back onboard the stars would be aligned properly.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Right now James is having some problems with the pain and trying to do what he can to start being able to get around. Hopefully all of that pain will soon start to ease up.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Well back from the doctor and having my yearly blood draw done. It isn't quite as hot yet as yesterday but the wind out here is really blowing. A lot harder than it was in Redding. They said the high today would only be 99 which is great with me. But I wish this hot wind would stop.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Today, Jul 3, the temps are pleasant. But gale force winds are making it miserable to be outside. The wife and I are debating moving next year to Washington state. I can handle the rain. But not this heat and wind.
    Last edited by Bill D; 07-03-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    FFR 3378 503 BBF - $old and missed
    RCR GT40 MK1 - $old
    FFR 7991 - becoming a 289 FIA with a Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body, IRS, pin drive wheels, Goodyear Billboards, 331 with Webers, and T5Z trans

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Well back from the doctor and having my yearly blood draw done. It isn't quite as hot yet as yesterday but the wind out here is really blowing. A lot harder than it was in Redding. They said the high today would only be 99 which is great with me. But I wish this hot wind would stop.

Ron
    Ron - are you about healed up yet from your porch ceiling adventure?
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

My friend and I mounted and balanced the new Goodyear BB's this morning. I came home about 11:30 am and quickly installed them on the Cobra. Some nasty sweating going on. Then I went to the basement and painted walls for 4 hours as the outside temp topped out at 98 degrees and 52% humidity today in Bel Air, MD.

David

Dan,

Pretty much I am healed. My shoulders are giving me fits but I have had problems with them for years. But everything else is doing pretty good.I will have a scar in the edge of my right eye but that isn't bad compared to what it could have been.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
    Ron - are you about healed up yet from your porch ceiling adventure?
    MY ALBUMS

David,

I have been watching the news about the heat wave you are having back there and that is hard for me to imagine. I remember living back in some of those areas as a kid and working there when I had to travel back there on a problem and those temperatures were not around then. Like here, the weather has changed.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

David!

Take a day OFF!

I got severe chest pains just reading about your accomplishments.

Believe me, it does nothing for my self loathing.

Cheers.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    David!

Take a day OFF!

I got severe chest pains just reading about your accomplishments.

Believe me, it does nothing for my self loathing.

Cheers.
    Go easy on yourself Nomad! I do pace myself and make certain I get plenty of low impact butt time. As far as the activities....just tryin' to fend off the grim reaper.
    David

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Quote Originally Posted by HTM101 View Post
    Go easy on yourself Nomad! I do pace myself and make certain I get plenty of low impact butt time. As far as the activities....just tryin' to fend off the grim reaper.
    David
    Now that sounds gay.

"just tryin' to fend off the grim reaper".

David, aren't we all, aren't we all.
    SEE MY ALBUM

here in Belgium also exceptional hot weather…. didn't see rain for a month and temperatures between 25 and 30 celcius !
    grass is yellow/brown , only some green in places with shadow…..

They fear water shortage , so washing cars , spraying grass etc...is already forbitten….

Temperature wise it is as if we are in the south of France....

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Now that sounds gay.
    Now that you've pointed it out, it certainly does! I gotta admit, your way associative thinking would never have crossed my hetero mind.

David

Wow, we are going to have a cold wave if the forecast is correct. The next three days are supposed to be just in the upper 80s. I hope they have that correct and so far this morning no wind. If it stays this way I may go for a drive.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Getting thunder storms and heavy rain here. Temperature dropped a good 20 degrees in 30 minutes or less.

Overcast most of the day here and quite a bit cooler but by Sunday they say we will be back into the triple digits and getting warmer every day after that.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Getting thunder storms and heavy rain here. Temperature dropped a good 20 degrees in 30 minutes or less.
    Ha ha ha!

It never rains up here on the West Coast of Canada.
    SEE MY ALBUM