Thread: Progress Report (or lack thereof)

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF

Progress Report (or lack thereof)

Good Morning friends. I have not been on the registry for almost a week now. The problem seems to be; it hurts too much for me to be on for any length of time. I have gone over to taking Percocet from the 800 mg of Ibuprofen. The doctors office said that the ibuprofen is delaying the healing process in my back. I asked them why they wrote the script for ibuprofen if that was the case and they're response was " we didn't write a script for Ibuprofen" I wonder where we got it from????
    I am now taking Percocet tablets every 4 hours. The problem with the Percocet is it constipates me. Which causes me have pressure on the back which also hurts. Then I take milk of magnesia what causes diarrhea which also hurts. Wow there are the golden years. I don't want to go on about all this but I owe my computer family some explanation as to what if going on.

I think I have a pattern now that will work for me to get on. I will take my Percocet and get on the computer when the pain fades and but before my mind becomes so clouded that I can't type.

Don't buy used webers and don't have a back operation. My new mottos. I will try to be more faithful getting on and as my humor returns I will try to lighten up.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Jim,

It is good to hear from you and I hope that your recovery speeds up. Now after hearing your problems I am happy that the doctors told me that surgery on my back when I hurt it would cause more pain and problems when I got older than what I am experiencing now. Take care and get back to driving the Cobra soon. That will be a lot of help.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    KCC 241, 408C, FMX transmission
    Thanks for the feedback James!

Take as long as you need and get well!
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Thanks for the Update James.

You are in our thoughts every day.

They are not good thoughts,

but thoughts none the less.

Wishing you a quick departure from the pain.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Get well soon James. The girls are eagerly awaiting your full time return.

Cobra/Engine
    2005 Superformance, SPO1950, 402R Roush, 515hp, TKO600
    Jim
    You don't owe us an explanation. You just do whatever you need to do to get better! That is priority #1.

We are all thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    Take the time you need and don't worry about us. We know you'll be back as soon as you can.

Cobra/Engine
    ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
    Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear what you're going through. Take your time and hope you feel better soon. It's too damn hot to drive the Cobra anyway!

Best wishes,

Kevin

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    Getting older is a bitch. Hope you start getting some relief/improvement soon.

Dan
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Cobra/Engine
    1965 289 bored .030 over
    Jim,

Take your time and good luck with getting through this. as other's have said, getting old is not easy. You know what they say, "Getting old is not for pussies!"

Keep up the strength and humor.

Jim

Cobra/Engine
    1966 Classic Roadster 408w Keith Craft Stroker 515hp 530trq
    James.... I hope you start healing up soon. Back problems are no fun and testing to say the least. I too am having an issue with my back so I feel your pain. Take care, rest and get well soon. Oh, are you interested in trading some NorCo's for Percocet's? Kidding, get well.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is more adequately explained by stupidity" Hanlon's Razor

Common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Thank you to all for the good wishes. 2nd day in a row on the site. We go down to the doctor's office today and I hope to get some answers to my questions. one question might be "where the hell did you people get your medical licenses; a Cracker Jack Box? I am not feel very benign right now. I did get a 2nd night of relatively good rest. Will miracles never cease?

Jim, I guess I fit right in. I feel like a total pussy. This weekend is calling for great weather out here. I would love to get 20 minutes in the Cobra..

I will let you all know what they say when we get out of there.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Jim,

Good luck at the doctors and I hope they say everything is going well and that you are on track for healing. Some time in the Cobra would be great for you but don't push it.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS