Thread: NASCAR Daytyona Wreck Fest

NASCAR Daytyona Wreck Fest

I watched some of the race yesterday evening and only 13 cars finished on the lead lap. Most of them were in the garage early because of numerous wrecks. I wish I had the money that the wrecked cars cost. Stenhouse seemed to be trying to imitate his former girl friend Danica Patrick. And I think there were as many people in the pits as in ths stands.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

I've been a car enthusiast since the 1960's. Early on I enjoyed watching drag racing and many years later road racing was interesting especially after I drove on a few road courses.

I tried watching NASCAR on TV a few times but lost interest within less than 10 laps. Years back when I plugged in a new 65" flat panel TV, I tuned in a NASCAR race. I expected the big screen and audio system would ramp up my attention. Nope. Didn't happen. Some have told me I need to go to a track and experience it in the live.

David

Quote Originally Posted by HTM101 View Post
    I've been a car enthusiast since the 1960's. Early on I enjoyed watching drag racing and many years later road racing was interesting especially after I drove on a few road courses.

I tried watching NASCAR on TV a few times but lost interest within less than 10 laps. Years back when I plugged in a new 65" flat panel TV, I tuned in a NASCAR race. I expected the big screen and audio system would ramp up my attention. Nope. Didn't happen. Some have told me I need to go to a track and experience it in the live.

David
    Pretty much the same as you David, I've been a car and motorcycle enthusiast since about 1962. I have attended many races of various types over the years (a lot less in the past 10 or so years). Like with most sporting events, you actually see a lot more of the event on TV, but watching it on TV certainly isn't the same as being there. I remember my first experience being at a NASCAR race on a super speedway and the sensations of being so close to 30+ cars going by you at nearly 200 mph driving about 12" off of each others bumpers. I think my sentiments were something like "HOLY CRAP !!".
    You should try to make it to one of the races if you can. They are quite an event. A lot more going on than just the race.

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

Ted, thanks for the suggestion. Dover is a small track, but its only about 75 miles from me. Someday, maybe.

David

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Didn't even know they were racing. Nor did I care.