Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Having Site Trouble

Question Anyone Having Site Trouble

Is anyone having trouble getting on the site lately? I have had a couple of reports about it and sometimes it takes forever for it to load for me but I do get on with no problems. Then other times it just loads very fast and works normally for me. I thought it might be my computers but now I am wondering about that. Gian sent me an email that he couldn't get on at all but I haven't had that problem, just very slow loading and opening threads at times. And until Jim is able to do so I can't report anything to Darrin to have it checked at the server.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

I have no issues with the site loading here in Ohio... maybe you are being censored? Of course my Sight is a little blurry, but that is a different topic for a different thread.
    Joey
    Everything turns out good in the end, if it doesn't there is always Bourbon.
    My Cars

"Keeping old threads alive for no reason at all"

West Coast Cobra - Built in 1994 New to me 20 Feb 2016

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4420 View Post
    I have no issues with the site loading here in Ohio... maybe you are being censored? Of course my Sight is a little blurry, but that is a different topic for a different thread.
    Hmmmmmm.

Site is working fine for me.

No issues at all for me!

Most days it works just fine, some days it takes forever to load a thread.

The site started loading very slowly for me a couple of weeks ago. I just figured it was ANOTHER problem with my computer.

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

Loads slowly as of later.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

No problems that I am aware of.

Sam

I'm seeing the slow loading on both my computer and phone. Many times my phone times out before it loads.

Good for me.

OK, mine doesn't time out but it was taking about 20/25 seconds to load or open a thread this morning after working great all day yesterday. I shut it off and went to the post office and came back and now it is loading and opening threads in the normal 2/3 seconds for me. So whatever the problem is it isn't my computers and I have checked everything I can on the site and don't see anything. If this keeps up it will just get worse and Jim will need to contact Darren and see if he will have his IT Tech take a look at the server.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

No problems for me - except I still don't see embedded video links. No problem since web links are being posted too.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

It's been slow for me for a couple weeks, including this morning. But for this session, it's fast again.

Kevins,

That is the same thing that I am seeing and it seems to be getting worse. Today it is fast for me after I came home and logged back on but this morning it took forever to do anything. Yet all of the other sites worked great and I have had no problems with any other site.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Okay first for me, I did a "New Posts" selection and it took at least 30 seconds for it to populate. I didn't time it, because I wasn't prepared for issues. But long enough to click the button, take a long sip of coffee, sit my cup down and start thinking... wow this is taking a while I better post this to the thread, then I waited a wee longer and it refreshed.
    Joey
    Everything turns out good in the end, if it doesn't there is always Bourbon.
    My Cars

"Keeping old threads alive for no reason at all"

West Coast Cobra - Built in 1994 New to me 20 Feb 2016

Thanks Joey,

I am afraid this may be something that is going to get worse but until Jim is back I can't get anything done to check and see if they can find anything at the server.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

All seems fine at my end. Pages load quickly, etc..
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by joey4420 View Post
    Okay first for me, I did a "New Posts" selection and it took at least 30 seconds for it to populate. I didn't time it, because I wasn't prepared for issues. But long enough to click the button, take a long sip of coffee, sit my cup down and start thinking... wow this is taking a while I better post this to the thread, then I waited a wee longer and it refreshed.
    Yeah,

I used to buy coffee like that.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Seeing some delay in loading at times now, not every time though.

Mark,

I was getting on and opening threads in 2/3 seconds this morning. Now it is taking about 28/34 seconds to get on the site or open a thread. But if I stay on the site and don't leave it works about right. There is definitely something starting to go wrong but I have no way to do anything about it.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS