Thread: Correct 427 S/C Dash Layout

Cobra/Engine
    Hurricane 427 Cobra HM-2008 427W,600hp,600tq

Correct 427 S/C Dash Layout

I've searched this site, and others, and found some information but most all the links and photos posted are 10+ years old and missing or dead links.

I've been through all my books by Colin Comer, Dave Freidman, etc. and can't find a complete photo.

I'm wiring my entire build now, including the dash. I bought authentic Smiths gauges from Nisonger. I want to be as original looking as possible.

So can anyone post pictures of or links to pictures of the dash, instruments, switches of real authentic S/C cars. What toggle switches were used? What was used for headlights and wiper motor?

Thanks in advance...

Hurricane 427 build in progress:
    - Craft Performance 427W 600hp/600tq, TKO 600 5spd
    ..I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright hold tight I'm a highway star!

Bobby
    Attached is a picture of CSX3021, one of the S/C cars. The switches were Lucas. Headlight switch was a three position Lucas lever switch, one above it was a on/off Lucas for the Dimmer switch. The wiper switch (again, Lucas) was a three position rotary switch. Dimmer switch was a Lucas rheostat type

recommend using relays behind all of them. Lucas switches aren't known for their reliabilty and definitely can't handle the ampacity of modern day electrical items.

3021 (199).jpg

details on the various switches are on my site "Speedo and Dash Mod's"

Paul
    Last edited by Ron77; 09-15-2018 at 02:15 AM. Reason: To put expanded picture in post. Paul I hope you don't mind.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    I know the Superformance Cobra is like the originals and I believe the ERA is also. You may want to search on them too.

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Paul,

Thank you for that great (and informative post. I believe in accuracy when possible. I'm not much of a believer in Lucas (especially at night or when it rains).
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    I never worry about that James. I don't look where I'm going anyway.

Cobra/Engine
    If you did not find what you need try this link.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...24.RooVHwPR3iw

This might help you some...

http://talk.cobraregistry.com/showth...shboard-to-CSX

My advice would be to choose one or two originals that you want to emulate. There really is no defined standard, as either the factory moved them around or the owners did to suit their own needs/tastes. The S/Cs were essentially race cars so gauges broke and were often rewired differently. The important thing is to keep the project fun.

-Dean
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Dean,

It is really good to hear from you again and I hope that you won't be a stranger so long now.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS