Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A river of people moving north...

A river of people moving north...

Some interesting times ahead in the US. We see a lot of this is South Africa too...

Thousands of migrants from Central America are crossing Mexico from south to north in the hope of reaching the United States.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-45944166

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Don't remind me of that travesty. If they have it so hard in their own country why don't they stay there and fight for their rights. This country can no longer afford to support the world and the Liberals we already have here but they see another 5,000 votes and that is all they care about.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Have you noticed no one is carrying sleeping bags, no one is carrying food, no one is carrying clothes? Someone is funding this.

Or maybe it's just a bunch of people looking to make a living and protect themselves from life-threatening circumstances. Another tragedy turned into political football.

I've got to admit the thought of funding, or at least encouragement/enablement crossed my mind. Especially when I see Breitbart, et al sensationalizing and fear mongering. Follow the money. Follow the power. Who benefits most from scary images in an election? Hmmm...

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    And meanwhile we continue to give foreign aid to these countries.

Quote Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
    Or maybe it's just a bunch of people looking to make a living and protect themselves from life-threatening circumstances. Another tragedy turned into political football.
    I don't buy one word of what you're saying.

I don't know Jack. There may be some that are doing that, but I would guess the majority are just coming here to live off the system.

The issue is what skills do they bring to become self supporting members of the community.

And I would not be surprised that they are funded in some manner to try to help the Democrats in the mid-term elections. I have noticed how some of the news channels are showing pictures of the children to try to drum up sympathy for them. I think this is going to backfire on the Democrats with their idea of open borders and eliminating ICE.

Also from what I read this morning there is a second wave coming behind them.

I think we ought to tell Mexico, since you "couldn't " stop them at your southern border, we'll send troops across your northern border to "help you" stop this from becoming our problem. We''ll just be a helpful good neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by hotfingrs View Post
    I don't buy one word of what you're saying.

Jack,
    Thatís the pointóIím not selling. Just think about who is.

Quote Originally Posted by hotfingrs View Post
    Have you noticed no one is carrying sleeping bags, no one is carrying food, no one is carrying clothes? Someone is funding this.
    Really - where are these people eating and shitting? Must be a nightmare. And they hate where they come from enough to leave - but they wave flags from the damn place while they trudge on. WTF!
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Mexico is approximately 2200 miles from south to north. Normal walking pace is 3 MPH. Based on that it will take them approximately 92 days if they walk 8 hours a day.

Does anyone really think it will take them until January to reach the border? I'm betting they are getting rides that the news networks do not show.

They are already falling like flies. I suspect disease will be rampant in their camps shortly. And showing up at the Texas border in December and camping out in the elements. Yeah, that will be fun. I feel sorry for the small children they are exposing to this madness but that's about it.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

US sending 5,200 troops to border with Mexico...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46026050

Hopefully with the authorization to use whatever force is needed to stop that army of invaders. Let the Liberals buy their illegal votes elsewhere. I feel for the kids but this country can't support any more illegals and their welfare.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Build the wall - the sooner the better. And then defend it. I'm really glad to see that flake, Paul Ryan leaving the House. Maybe we will get someone with some guts in there - if we manage to hold on to the majority.

On the news tonight, one of the leaders was being interviewed and when asked what the plan was, now it's clear they aren't welcome in the USA, he said they hoped some other country would come to their aid. When asked what country, he said, "Canada"..

Now with the moron we have currently running the show, I could envision that, unless the silent majority begin speaking up. There is starting to be some flack thrown around recently, about the "refugees" coming in droves crossing in from the USA already. I hope the possibility of more arriving on-mass, will smarten more people up. Time to finally stop being so PC, and stand on guard for thee, for a change..
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Meanwhile...........

It would be curious to know what skills and job knowledge some of these people are bringing with them that they seem to hope will provide them with a good paying job and economic security (although being economically disadvantaged is not a means for acquiring sanctuary). There is no doubt a market for minimum wage farm hands, domestics, burger flippers, etc - and that's fine with some sort of term - worker permit program. But there's a big cost when they end up pulling from all of these state and Federal entitlement programs. We shouldn't be letting it run unchecked.

I agree with you Dan. I have a friend who runs a tree service business. Every year he employs workers from various countries in Latin America for his busy season and some of them come back and forth year after year on the work permits he obtains for them. They are harder working than his American employees and more respectful of their jobs. Some of them have very sad family stories and most live here frugally and send their money back home to family. As is usually the case, there are refugees taking advantage of the system and making it harder for the people like I described above who deserve our help. I was going to say that a few are spoiling it for the rest of them, but I think it may be worse than that.