Thread: For Corvette Lovers

For Corvette Lovers

After that one 220 MPH run you have it towed back to spend a few hours charging it so you can drive the 75 miles home.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

A mere $750,000 ? Maybe I'll get two.

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

Well that should get you to Redding. I think they just messed up a good car.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

We are witnessing the death of internal combustion. It might take a couple more decades to fully eradicate it from all manufacturing, but it will happen sooner than we think. Today’s designers and younger leaders don’t want to build what their Dads drove. Our current rides with stick shifts and “burning gas” will be novelties. In 30 years gasoline will be so rare and expensive that most enthusiasts will have to convert to alcohol-based fuel systems just to keep them running.

The good news is the entire Middle East will be reduced to just one cash crop...sand.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Very well written RedBarchetta.

The times are a changing.

I figure in his lifetime, my grandson who is 5, will phone for a Uber,

and it will pull up to his hovel,

with no one inside.

Our son inlaw's brother just brought a newly acquired Tesla X up to show us.

All wheel drive, dual motor, 720 HP, gull wing rear doors, up here $94,000.00 plus 12% taxes in Canadian dollars.

The future has caught up, and passed us.

Sigh...………………….
    Last edited by nomad; 11-06-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
    We are witnessing the death of internal combustion. It might take a couple more decades to fully eradicate it from all manufacturing, but it will happen sooner than we think. Today’s designers and younger leaders don’t want to build what their Dads drove. Our current rides with stick shifts and “burning gas” will be novelties. In 30 years gasoline will be so rare and expensive that most enthusiasts will have to convert to alcohol-based fuel systems just to keep them running.

The good news is the entire Middle East will be reduced to just one cash crop...sand.
    I absolutely agree. The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia has already tried to pass legislation (AB 1745) that would have eliminated registration of internal combustion vehicles by 2040. The Bill didn't pass, but rest assured, it will be back.

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

This link will take you to the actual bill. What they are not looking at is the fact the state is already short of electricity and the Liberals won't allow more power plants or dams to be built. Also that part about lowering the electric rates is just pure political bull shit. No way is this Republic going to make PG&E or any other utility lower rates. And the millions of dollars in tax increases to offset what the politicians will lose with their investments in the gas and oil businesses. If they could come up with a decent looking electric car that would go at least 200 miles between charges that wouldn't be to bad, but what if you want to travel. Where do you recharge them every few miles. Lots of the usual vague crap in this bill.

Link: https://a19.asmdc.org/sites/a19.asmd...fact-sheet.pdf

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Well the electric car would definitely end my 1500 mile straight thru drives.