Thread: Police Chase Telsa

Police Chase Telsa

It had a politician in it so I can understand it running from the police. But the touch the wheel every so often feature obviously didn't work.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-cha...opstories.html

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

One day we will have autonomous police cars chasing autonomous bad-guy cars.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Does that mean the impound lots will be converted into car prisons and the cars will be sentenced for various numbers of years?

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Meanwhile, stupid people have become the guinea pigs (buyers and enablers) for this new technology. The fact that this one was also a politician is ironic and funny at the same time. Some have died of their own ignorance, while innocents will die because of either misuse of the technology or its failure to perform properly for conditions it is not programmed to manage. But no need to worry, folks! The big corporations have liability insurance and access to $500/hour lawyers. So us little guys have nothing to worry about. These are just little ripples in the pond toward utopia! [sarcasm off/]
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

I was listening to a radio program awhile ago where they were talking to the Ford engineer in charge of their autonomous vehicle program. He said that they would be putting cars on the road in 2019 (I think he said initially only for commercial use) that won't even have manual controls (steering wheels, pedals, etc.). So, this brings up a lot of questions for me. Will you need a drivers license to operate these vehicles ? Do need to have liability insurance if you have no control over the vehicle ? Can I just sit back and drink a beer while it's taking me to my destination ? And on, and on, and on............

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

As a guy that’s getting older and someday might appreciate having an autonomous vehicle drive me to where I need to go (because I can no longer do it myself), I’m just miffed that we’re cramming a lot of technology toward consumers and the general public that is not (yet) refined enough for regular usage.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Curious do all the Tesla models come standard with the "evade" mode?

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Not sure it was an "evade" mode or an "ignore" mode.

But then that is why the driver is supposed to be alert and able to take back control of the vehicle if necessary.

It's not a surprise he fell asleep. Must be boring if you just have to sit there..
    Fast at any speed-Cobra