Thread: 2018-2019 Mustang Tick

2018-2019 Mustang Tick

MY ALBUMS

Heard a lot about that on Mustang forums but fortunately neither my 2012 or my 2017 have experienced it (at least that I can hear). I agree with the guy that a lot of stuff gets exaggerated attention on car-specific forums - sort of like the world is coming to an end syndrome. I think piston slap is pretty common these days with the short pistons, low friction rings, etc.
    Last edited by Ron77; 12-30-2018 at 05:21 AM. Reason: clicked wrong button
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

Dan,

From the many posts on the video site it seems that hasn't caused any problems. several of them said they had over 100K miles on theirs and no problems. Some said they never could hear it and others said they used an additive or heavier oil and that stopped it. The only one who bitched was some guy that added a blower and did nothing else and he was mad because he blew his engine.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Kind of like the Viper engines. You get a lot of lifter noise with them. I switched from 0-40 oil to 10-40 and it's a little quieter.

My Shelby is specified to run Ford 5W-50 synthetic oil - which I do primarily for warranty purposes. That 50W part is probably why I don't hear any piston slap.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.