Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typical NASCAR

Typical NASCAR

I thought that I would watch the crash race yesterday to see if anything has changed. If anything it is worse. Motor mouthed morons in the booth that want to be on TV all the time. A long single car line of parade laps for lap after lap as no one could pass. Then cautions so they could get their commercials in. And twice the best drivers in the world had to stop in the pits because it sprinkled. What happened to those rain tires they mad such a big thing of a year or so ago. And then Jimmy Johnson decided to win the race by wrecking every car but his. And of course they did everything they could to put the blame on the lead car but Johnson hit him in the rear quarter panel and turned him down so the morons in the booth instantly jumped on the fact he came down. I have never been a fan of Johnson and am tired of the he can do no wrong crap. Also a very small crowd but that was because of the weather. Just ask Larry McRenolds. I am not sure that I will even watch the 500 race as that was about the only one I watched last year and this year is going to be no better.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

This guy is a big JJ fan and has always made excuses for him in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FAZOjRznHk

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 02-11-2019 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Spelling
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Typical CRAPCAR restrictor plate race.

Only 3 cars were not involved in the crash. Pathetic.

Weather was crappy here yesterday and it got worse as the day wore on. It wasn’t a heavy rain but just misty and relentless. Was perfect weather for me to get some projects done on the Cobra.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

I saw the tail end of the race as I was waiting for NHRA coverage to start. That wreck was all on Johnson. Jeff Gordon tried hard to shift the blame. Johnson has caused lots of wrecks just like that and still maintains his squeaky clean image.

In Johnson's defense those cars do move around a lot and it may not have been a deliberate move on his part.

I don't think that he intended to wreck him but what ticked people off was first the motor mouths in the booth instantly starting to defend him and say it wan't his fault. Then the interview with him after the race finished it. He said all the blame was on the leader and he didn't touch him. That is bull shit. Menard never changed his line a bit and JJ ran into his rear quarter panel and that turned him down. That is why I posted that video of one of his biggest fans. That guy has several videos out about JJ and how great he is and he always defends him. This was the first time I have ever heard him say that JJ was at fault and he never thought much of the after race interview either.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

What race???
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

This years Daytona 500 had to be one of the most pathetic races ever. Hell, they were even crashing coming into the pits.

And no, I did not watch it, but I did record it and then fast forwarded to see the carnage.

I watched basketball games and then turned over just in time to see the big wreck and the ending.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

I tuned in to watch the last 35 laps. That’s almost two hours I’ll never get back. Sheesh! Bunch a kids running three wide at 198 with no care (or penalties) for driving like maniacs.
    -Dean

Dean,

As much as I hate to say this as it is extremely dangerous, the big wrecks are all that keep any fans in the stands. I heard motor mouth Waltrup raving about the sold out house and they did have a good crowd but there were a lot of empty seats when one of the cameras made a mistake and panned the crowd.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

For those who didn't watch the boring race, the only exciting part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdiddLtDg4

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

They need to bite the bullet and knock down the banking on Daytona and Talledega. Restrictor plate racing is just the stupidest idea ever.

Racing at Charlotte is excellent. Lower banking, shorter track. Best racing in Nascar.
    Cobra loving, autocrossing, grandpa Architect

Thanks Ron - that certainly was interesting. Maybe they need to rename it the Last Survivor 500. I haven't watched NASCAR racing for so long I didn't realize it had morphed into a Camaro look vs Mustang look race. Last time I probably paid attention it was still all those potato looking cars that were variously labeled Chevy, Ford, Dodge and Toyota but all appeared to be the same shell.
    Facebook - No. 1 rated by the KGB as your most accurate news source. Vladimir says friend us on Facebook and check us out on Instagram.

They were all the same shell. All that changed was the decal package.

I believe the Mustangs and Camaros are too, though a different look is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Dean,

As much as I hate to say this as it is extremely dangerous, the big wrecks are all that keep any fans in the stands. I heard motor mouth Waltrup raving about the sold out house and they did have a good crowd but there were a lot of empty seats when one of the cameras made a mistake and panned the crowd.

Ron
    I will disagree Ron. The cars are not that dangerous any longer. Hell, they are 3500 pound tanks with a lightweight body on them. Hell, the only vehicles that race that are heavier are monster trucks. If you die in one of those cars it is a freak accident.

And that's the problem. No one is afraid of being in an accident any longer. They no longer need to be careful out there.

Quote Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
    They were all the same shell. All that changed was the decal package.

I believe the Mustangs and Camaros are too, though a different look is an improvement.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
    They need to bite the bullet and knock down the banking on Daytona and Talledega. Restrictor plate racing is just the stupidest idea ever.
    I agree with eliminating the restrictor plate but leave the banking in place. Allow the teams to max out the tuning with the existing CI limits and letís see how fast they can go (or are willing to go) on a high banked oval. I suspect that most of these drivers donít have the huevos to drive at 220+ lap after lap. These arenít Indy cars and most of these drivers donít possess the finesse required to drive an open wheel car without all of that loose bodywork and big cage to save their ass.
    -Dean

Quote Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
    I agree with eliminating the restrictor plate but leave the banking in place. Allow the teams to max out the tuning with the existing CI limits and let’s see how fast they can go (or are willing to go) on a high banked oval. I suspect that most of these drivers don’t have the huevos to drive at 220+ lap after lap. These aren’t Indy cars and most of these drivers don’t possess the finesse required to drive an open wheel car without all of that loose bodywork and big cage to save their ass.
    The trouble with this is that the cars get very airborn when out of shape and cannot be kept out of the crowd.