Thread: How to post pictures

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Exclamation How to post pictures

How to post pictures
    OK, for the new members and those that haven't did this I will try to explain how to get the big pictures into your posts. First there are two ways. You can create an Album on here and load your pictures into your Album or Albums as you can have more than one. Then click on the picture that you want to put into a post and when it expands, right click on it and copy the URL that is in the center of the Properties page that will pop up. Once you have copied it, close the Properties page and go back to where you are posting. When you get to the part of the post where you want the picture, paste the copied URL there by using the CTRL and V keys or the Edit menu at the top of the page next to the File menu. You will then have to add the [IMG] tags at each end of the pasted URL. When you submit your post, your picture will be in it.

Another way is to use an off site photo hosting site like Photo bucket which is free and I use a lot. You join it, then start uploading your pictures to it and it will create a library of your pictures. In the upper right hand corner of each picture there is a small icon that looks like a gear which will appear when you point your mouse cursur at the picture. Point at the Gear and a small menu drops open and on the bottom I think it is it will say links. Click that and you will get another small menu with 4 kinds of links in it. It will have IMG above the URL. Use the bottom one for here and it will start with the [IMG] tags already on it. Click on the URL in the line and it will fade and say copied. When you are ready to put the picture in use the same method as I described above except the [IMG] tags will already be on it. But it will paste the URL right after the last word you typed. Move your cursor there and hit Enter a time or two to move the picture down below your post. Then submit the post and the picture will be in it.

Now for videos. If you want to post a You Tube video go to You tube and copy the URL of the Video and come back to your post. Click the little icon at the top that looks like a piece of film. If you point at it you will see Insert Video. Click that and in the space in the little window that will drop down paste your copied URL and click ok. When you submit your post the video will be embedded in it and people won't have to click a link and go to You Tube to see it.

If any of you understand this please explain it to me.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 05-11-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    Kinetics, 427 Shelby, Dry Sump motor
    Ron

Thanks a bunch, we're learning and practice makes perfect....

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Morris,

You are more than welcome and if you have problems or questions don't hesitate to post them. Many of the members here can explain the process much better than I can. I know how to do stuff but I have a hard time explaining it to others. Also you can use the practice thread as much as you want to try things.

Ro

Cobra/Engine
    Made a sticky per request.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS