Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra inspired Art

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Fantastic. I haven't heard that in a long time. I remember him doing it on stage back shortly after he got the Cobra.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance 427S/C Cobra
    I found this wonderful Cobra painting in the gallery at CC.

"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
    and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot."
    - George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Brian,

That is a nice painting but did you ask the person that had it in their gallery if it was ok to post it here? I always send them a PM asking them if it is ok to use one of their pictures before I do it as some people get upset if they find one of their pictures on another site and don't know about it. Also give the name of the person that had the picture so he gets credit for it. Buzz told me it was ok to use any of his pictures or drawings that I wanted to copy over here and that is the way it should be done. So please check with the person who had the picture and see if it was ok for you to post it over here.

Thanks,

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Asking them for permission to use their pics on Cobra Registry might also alert them to our web site and get us more new members.9::-
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    I'm trying to see if I can find that painting again on CC, to ask for permission to hyperlink it here. It was one of those gallery pics that pops up randomly and I can't remember who it belongs to. I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Brian,

That is a nice painting but did you ask the person that had it in their gallery if it was ok to post it here? I always send them a PM asking them if it is ok to use one of their pictures before I do it as some people get upset if they find one of their pictures on another site and don't know about it. Also give the name of the person that had the picture so he gets credit for it. Buzz told me it was ok to use any of his pictures or drawings that I wanted to copy over here and that is the way it should be done. So please check with the person who had the picture and see if it was ok for you to post it over here.

Thanks,

Ron
    - George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    Classic Roadster FE390
    Thats a great painting. #50

Cobra/Engine
    Thanks Brian, it is a great painting but I know of one site that got into big legal trouble because some of their members linked pictures of cars from another site and never asked permission of the owners. This way we can stay out of any problems with the other site. And most people don't mind at all if you want to use a picture of theirs but a few do.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by SunDude View Post
    I'm trying to see if I can find that painting again on CC, to ask for permission to hyperlink it here. It was one of those gallery pics that pops up randomly and I can't remember who it belongs to. I'll keep looking.

Cobra/Engine
    Hi Ron. I managed to find the painting and sent a PM to the guy who posted it, to ask his permission. Mind you, it doesn't look like he's been back to CC since 2005, which is the last time he posted anything there.
    - George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    Brian,

Then don't worry about it. That is why they have such a huge member base is they have people that haven't been on there for 10 years. And I doubt if you will get any answer back as he may be dead or have changed his address by now. It is a great painting and he probably got it off some other place.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    I figure that if it's openly available on the internet, without any water marks, or copyright warnings, it's fair game for re-posting. Sure some guys may get anal about re-posting pics they uploaded, but heck if that is the case, don't post them on the internet for the whole world to access.

It's not like you are selling the prints copied from it. That I think, would be a whole different story.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Cobra/Engine
    Bill,

Basically I agree with you but here it is a problem as any picture posted is ASSUMED to be copyrighted. In fact I got hauled in by Mall Security one time for taking a picture of some of the cars they had in there in a car show. So I started checking and it is illegal, though not enforced by most places to even take a picture of a car outside if there is a building in the background. I had to get special permission to take a picture of my 69 Cobra at the Redding Convention Center for crying out loud. And remember what happened to Bruce when he copied a bunch of pictures over onto the site he had. It is just better and safer to get permission from the owner of the car or whatever you are going to copy. Myself I don't care who copies any pictures that I put on the Internet as I mark all of mine Public anyway.

Ron

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    Here's a nice painting of a Cobra and Boeing Stearman by Benjamin Freudenthal.

And I suppose this could be called Cobra art...

This original AC 289 Sports (aka Cobra), chassis COB6107, was painted for London socialite and Guinness heir Tara Browne by Dudley Edwards, who was part of the British pop art group BEV which also included Douglas Binder and David Vaughan. Browne's Cobra was displayed at the Robert Fraser Gallery in Mayfair, London, just six weeks before his untimely death in a car crash (driving a Lotus Elan).

Tara Browne's death is thought to have served as the inspiration for the Beatles song, "A Day in the Life." Tara's father was Dominick Browne, a member of the House of Lords for 72 years.

He blew his mind out in a car,
    He didn't notice that the lights had changed,
    A crowd of people stood and stared,
    They'd seen his face before,
    Nobody was really sure
    If he was from the House of Lords.
    - George Carlin

Banned
    Cobra/Engine
    wishing
    I love it!

Beautiful!

Cobra/Engine
    I came across this cool photo effect by Ken Rippengale and figured I'd share it.

- George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDude View Post
    I came across this cool photo effect by Ken Rippengale and figured I'd share it.

Well done.==)
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
    Cartoonize.net - not exactly art but fun to play with. The example below of my unfinished car in my garage isn't the most scenic photo, but you get the idea...

Last edited by Kevins; 02-21-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Very cool Kevins!
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    I just came across a few more paintings from sculptor and artist, Ruel James.

- George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    Some of these pictures would look great on a T-Shirt or jacket but I would guess they are copyrighted and you would need to get the owners permission to use them.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    Artwork by Tony Upson

Last edited by SunDude; 04-10-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added artwork
    - George Carlin