Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Snake and the Stallion DVDs -- Half price, today through Sunday

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance 427S/C Cobra

The Snake and the Stallion DVDs -- Half price, today through Sunday

I just received an email from Spirit Level Films which produced and distributes the excellent BBC documentary entitled, The Snake and the Stallion (formerly known as The Cobra Ferrari Wars).

From today until Jan 20 (Sun), 2013, you can buy this 2 DVD set for half price. Simply use the coupon code SLF50 at the checkout.

This code is good for all their other DVDs too.

"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
    and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot."
    - George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    A pretty decent compilation of information. Certainly worth the price.9::-
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    I would like it if it just wasn't in Britain. I don't even know how to convert their price to dollars and the postage would wipe out the savings. Jim, while you are on vacation over there you can pick both of us up a copy of it if they still have any.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Ron, I'll give it a try. I don't think they are in the stores. I get an email from Spirit from time to time. They didn't seem to have any problems sending me one. If I don't find one over there for you I'll just send you mine.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Jim,

It isn't that important. If you don't find one don't worry about it. I have plenty to do anyway..

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    I know you got plenty to do. I sure don't mind giving you my copy. I've seen it a couple of times and then put it away. Haven't watched it in a year.

Cobra/Engine
    OK, if your sure I would sure appreciate it. I will pay you fot it as soon as I get my computer bills paid.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Please see PM

Cobra/Engine
    Ron,

With the 50% discount, the £24.99 regular price becomes £12.49 which is equivalent to about $20.00 USD at today's exchange.

When I bought my copy a few years ago from a U.S. vendor, I paid about $39.95 USD plus shipping. The Canadian dollar was softer then so the cost to me was higher, but I didn't mind as this is one of the best Cobra shows ever made.
    - George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    2005 Superformance, SPO1950, 402R Roush, 515hp, TKO600
    Brian
    Thanks for the heads up. Just placed my order! Can't wait to watch it.

Stu.

Question.........on the standard Ontarian keyboard, where is the placement of your money symbol, or don't you have one and have to utilize a special character font to type it?

now take it easy on me........i just learned to read and write....

Cobra/Engine
    Fred,

Just what is different on your keyboard than a regular one? I tried Googling it and couldn't fine anything but about some kind of videos and people that live in Ontario. Now I am curious about your keyboard. Picture please. Maybe ask Nomad and he will explain it to you. :crazy

Ron :confused:

Cobra/Engine
    2005 Superformance, SPO1950, 402R Roush, 515hp, TKO600
    Fred
    $ is above the #4 key. Are you reffering to the odd looking letter "L" that Brian has before 24.99?? if so that is the symbol for the British pound and I have no idea how he did that because it's not on my keyboard.

Cobra/Engine
    Lets see if this works. £ Not quite the same but what my character map gives for the pound sign.

I watched a program the other day and some guy brought in a pretty rough 2 pound coin. They asked him if he knew how the British pound got its name and he said no. According to them, and I don't know if this is true, but way back when they first started using the monetary system if you bought something that cost 3 pounds that meant you had to pay for it with 3 actual pounds of Silver. Sounds kind of strange to me but I know nothing about British money. If that were so I would love to watch some guy over there buy a new car and pay for it in actual pounds.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 01-18-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredb View Post
    Question.........on the standard Ontarian keyboard, where is the placement of your money symbol, or don't you have one and have to utilize a special character font to type it?

now take it easy on me........i just learned to read and write....
    Actually, all I did this time was copy-and-paste the UK price (w/British pound symbol) from the Spirit Level Films website. However, you can produce a whole bunch of special characters using ASCII codes: SEE HERE.

Press and hold the ALT key as you type 156 on your keypad, and you'll get £. Ta-daa!!

Works great for French characters, which comes in handy up here.
    Last edited by SunDude; 01-18-2013 at 05:26 AM.
    - George Carlin

yes, exactly what i meant was if you had a keyboard with that character on it, or were you choosing it from the list of ASCII characters, sorry my question was confusing........"I" knew what "I" meant

yes, i am familiar with using non-standard keyboard characters, was just wondering if the $ was forced upon other countries that do not use it for anything, and are there other keyboard types out there, i don't get out much.

while Canada uses the $ for their own currency, what about countries pre-EURO
    and non-EURO. just a passing thought which will inevitably be forgotten upon some other flatulent thought or action on my part

Cobra/Engine
    :crazy

Gee Fred, you can come up with come of the craziest things to wonder about. You need one of those fold up keyboards that you can roll up and put in your pocket. They make all kinds of weird things, especially if you lean against something and they start typing on your leg.

On the other hand that might be a good idea as you would have to take a bath to erase the mess. :crazy :crazy

Ron Rbun out

Cobra/Engine
    Thanks James for sending me your copy of the Snake and The Stallion. I watched one of them yesterday when I had to go back to bed and will watch the other today.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Ron, I hope you enjoy them. ==)

Jim

Cobra/Engine
    Jim,

I am. They have some great cars in there and I loved watching that Cobra slide the rear end out about 6 inches as he passed the Ferrari on the corner.

Ron