Thread: AC 289 Cobra "junior car" from the Harrington Group (UK)

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance 427S/C Cobra

AC 289 Cobra "junior car" from the Harrington Group (UK)

A lot of prospective Cobra owners ask: "Can a tall/big/fat person like me fit comfortably in a Cobra?"

Fair question. But what if you're a bit small in stature? A booster seat might help you see over the cowl, but can you still reach the pedals?

Fortunately the good people at the Harrington Group have got the answer: an AC 289 Cobra "junior car." Check out the description from their website.

We are proud to introduce our new model Junior Car. We have been working very hard over the last 2 years on a new and improved range of junior cars. The differences are huge! Whereas our old models were in essence pretty go carts, the new models are fully functioning cars.

Features:
    • front engine
    • rear wheel drive
    • independent suspension all round
    • limited slip differential
    • rack and pinion steering
    • hydraulic disk brakes front and rear
    • adjustable pedal box (anybody can fit in these including 6ft+ tall adults!)
    • opening bonnet and boot (hood and trunk)
    • separate steel chassis
    • composite body shell

Junior Cars in action

Be sure to act fast. Production is limited, and the model range is highly desirable. In addition to the Cobra, the Junior Car collection includes:
    • Ferrari 250GT California Spyder
    • Jaguar XK120
    • Aston Martin DB5 Volante *coming soon*
    • Porsche 356 Speedster *out of production*
    • Jaguar E-Type *out of production*
    • Willys Jeep *out of production*
    • Bugatti Type 35 *out of production*
    • Mercedes-Benz 300SL convertible *out of production*

Pricing is available on request. Based on previous models, the AC 289 Cobra Junior Car probably sells for about $8,000 USD. Cheapest Cobra replica on the market.
    "Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
    and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot."
    - George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    2005 Superformance, SPO1950, 402R Roush, 515hp, TKO600
    Brian
    Where do you find this stuff!!!

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Now that would be a fun car to have and just get out and run around in. We have a lot of places here that one of them could be used and not have to worry about being on the highway.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance 427S/C Cobra
    Here's another option to the Harrington Group Cobra...

Shelby Cobra 427 To Return... As Kid Sized Electric Car

Built between 1962 and 1967, the Shelby Cobra went on to become one of the most collectible musclecars, with original examples commanding up to millions of dollars. Go cheap and you’ll only get one of those licensed copies, which aren’t bad, but not as good as the real thing.

But don’t be upset if you haven’t bought that lottery ticket yet, you can now buy a much cheaper Shelby Cobra 427 for your kid... Yes, we’re talking about a “ride-on” electric car and if you think we have gone mad, you should know that the miniature Cobra is actually approved by Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc. and there will also be a special edition limited to only 998 units, just like the original musclecar was produced 50 years ago. Who’s crazy now, eh?

Hold on, we have some specs as well. The ride-on Cobra will be available in red or blue with white stripes, chrome wheels, side exhaust pipes, roll bad, official badging, a top speed of 5 miles per hour and a 45-minute range on a single battery charge. The limited edition models, built “for serious collectors” only, will come in a navy blue metallic color with Carroll Shelby’s famous 98 racing number, functioning headlights, and unique serial numbers that will be documented in its own official Shelby Cobra 427 “ride on” registry.

Pricing has yet to be revealed, but Shelby American Inc. says the “ride on” cars will become available starting October. Sounds like Shelby’s not kidding around, if you know what we mean...

“With the growing popularity of the Shelby brand, we wanted the give the youngest fans a ‘license to thrill’ in their own Cobra,” said Tracey Smith, Carroll Shelby Licensing president. “National Product’s expertise in manufacturing high-quality toys fits perfectly with our philosophy of building superb products that spark the same passion for automotive excitement that drove Carroll Shelby. Hopefully, ‘my first Shelby’ will create a lifelong connection to the brand.”
    "Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
    and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot."
    - George Carlin

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Egads, a car I could actually be comfortable in.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    But what is it going to cost? I would like to have one of them. A few changes to get the top speed up around 50 MPH and that would be great for cruising around town here. If the police got after me I could just drive under one of the 18 wheelers parked around here and hide.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS