Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Poster worthy Cobra photos.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cobra/Engine
    SPF #719. 396ci Stroker Windsor.

Poster worthy Cobra photos.

Show us your cool-, wallpaper-, screensaver-, desktop-, poster like AC Cobra photos. Preferably try not to use photos with a busy background. Let's get the "nice" pictures here.

Here is my first attempt:

Although it was extensively edited, this photo was actually used in a poster.

Come on, we all have that Cobra photo that we want to show of with.
    Last edited by "Q"; 05-04-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by "Q" View Post
    Come on, we all have that Cobra photo that we want to show of with.
    Q, this particular photo of my car was taken by a professional freelance photographer at our local weekly Cars & Coffee event sometime during 2010. The original is over 5mb, so some of the crispness was lost in the downsizing/upload process:

The photo was ultimately sold and used in some East Coast based magazine for an article on the automotive collectibles hobby (or something like that). I never saw the article in print, but the same photographer ran me down at a future C&C event and gave me a 12"x16" full glossy print just to have.

I like the picture not so much as it focuses on my particular car, but it tells a story. The two guys are looking at the car with some interest (coffee in hand). The Brock Coupe behind them, and behind that a Ford GT, adds to the allure. The trailer to the left was part of a broader display, and I was asked by Supeformance owner Lance Strander to park my car specifically there as part of his group's overall display that chilly morning. The picture is framed really well and depicts guys with cool cars meeting together and talking about them.

Oh, one other minor detail. The guy behind the car wearing the Boston Red Sox cap and the pull-over hooded jacket? That's me. :-)

-Dean
    Last edited by RedBarchetta; 05-04-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Cobra/Engine

Powerfull photo.

Dean
    Thanks for posting the pic. Even in downsizing your Cobra really pops out in that shot, although I think it will probably pop out in any shot. Dang that Cobra is neat!

But now about that guy wearing a "Boston Red Sox cap" to a car meeting...

Cobra/Engine
    Sunrise in South Africa

I just had to ad this photo since it is one of the images on the cobraregistry.com front page.
    Last edited by "Q"; 05-04-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Great thread! Keep 'em coming!
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Those are great pictures and this thread was a great idea. Dean your car is awesome. What OS do you run on your computer? If it is XP, there is a free downsizing tool that I have used for years on the Microsoft Toys page and it works much better than using my photo program to downsize a picture. Just a couple of clicks and you can also use the custom setting and chose your size. Also it doesn't mess with the original at all.

Ron

Cobra/Engine

Silver Cobra with Silver Ghost Stripes.

Background blacked out to accentuate the Cobra.

Q.....you have one awesome photo. gallery.....where do you find all those pics.

Cobra/Engine
    Thanx Rustybob!
    Most of the photos were taken by myself or by Piet Oosthuizen (a photographer buddy I sometimes con into taking some pics for me- Thnx Piet). Some of the Cobras in the photos passed through my hands at some stage, although many others belongs to friends or were taken at car shows in South Africa.

A "in your face" picture.
    We were driving in convoy and the Green Hooligan (owned by friend - Natie) was driving behind me. I heard him getting on the loud pedal a bit (to put it mildly) so I looked in the rear view mirror. I nearly soiled myself when I saw the Green Hooligan right up behind me with the bug-catchers butterflies wide open. What an intimidating sight, and then also part motivation for this photo.

Last edited by "Q"; 05-06-2011 at 05:31 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Q,

Now that Green Hooligan picture is really awesome. You have a great collection of photos and thanks for sharing them with all of us.

Ron

Cobra/Engine

Yellow on Black and White.

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance/460
    Q those are some nice photo's, really like the yellow on black one.
    - Mel

Cobra/Engine

Silver Cobra - photo taken in "my secret" location.

Thnx Calbullet.That was my Cobra for twelve years. Like my new one, but still miss the Yellow one.

Low down view with all the "lines" leading the eye to the Cobra in the center.

Come on guys, I'm running out of pictures to post. Please help out some.
    Last edited by "Q"; 05-07-2011 at 01:26 AM.

I'm not useing my computer its my sons and he dosent keep pics. of my car for me to share...guess i will have to change that....
    as soon as i can post pics. ( and can figure out how to) i will.....i have one of my car that i would like to make a poster out of...

Cobra/Engine

Some Photoshop done on photo.

Rustybob
    The lines on your cobra is super clean. No side vent, scoops or side pipes. I tried cleaning up the background of the picture to match your car. Hope you approve.

lg_robertquarti_1905_bc1b.jpg

Cobra/Engine
    KMP Flip-Top/Cammer - 2015 Z07 Vette - 2013 M3 KMP BRONZE 289 - Ferrrari 355 Spyder- KMP500(sold)
    Nice job "Q". Refer to the thread "online cobra magazine". Maybe you should be the art consultant? You have a good eye for quality photos. If I I start a new thread, "your best cobra photo contest", would you be interested in being the non-bias judge? The winner will get a t-shirt and a icon next to their avatar. Maybe we can do this every few months or pick a specific shot each month. Example: action, models, side view etc. Darren

Thanks "Q" for the assist in my photo takeing.....i do approve very much BUT that wasnt the pic. i had in mind when i tried to post a pic....
    i'm not as computer savvy as most of you so i have to rely on my kid for assistance and sometimes things get lost in the translation of what i'm trieng to do and what i actually get from him....there must be an easier way to post pics.....please...and thanks for the compliment on my Cobra i really tried to do something different than what everybody else was doing.....

Darren, i like the idea of a mounthly contest but could it be once you have been chosen a winner you cant win again for a 12 mounth period that way you would have 12 different winners a year.....just a thought....

Cobra/Engine

Cobra Photos- Please Post.

Darren, it would be a honor to be a non-bias judge if you were to start a new "your best cobra photo contest" thread. I've got to confess though, my qualification on this matter is limited to just liking pictures of Cobras.

Until then, let me post some more pics.

Yellow on Black.

Cobra/Engine

Traffic stopping Red Cobra.

Cherry Bomb.