Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Hot Wheels

Cobra Hot Wheels

I started collecting Cobra Hot Wheels a few years back. Little did I know that there were so many. I have about 100 different cobras. They cost from $1.00 up to $500.00 for the rare ones. Yes, I have a problem and my wife is setting up an intervention :o. Darren

Check out my Cobra Hot Wheels Collection

Darren,
    You are one sick puppy!!! Your wife is right, an intervention is in order. I'm sure there is a twelve step program somewhere for you and your kind. I'll continue to pray for you, but only if you seek the help of a higher power... Carroll Shelby?
    Good luck and gods bless.
    Bob

Bob, It all started when I sponsored a Mustang show in Long Beach, CA. I purchased over 1000 hot wheels to give out to the attendees in which the organizer installed a huge hot wheels track to race. Everyone at the show got a free HW and went up to the booth and raced 4 others. By the end of the day we had a winner. It was totally random. The idea was a hit and everyone had a good time. The story doesn't end there.

After buying several cases of cars, I opened one up on my living room floor when my wife and daughter were out. I found a cobra and thought, "how cool, I wonder how many more there are?". I then opened all the cases, and of course once you take them out you can never get them to fit back in the box. LOL Anyway, I had a mountain of HW's, over 1000 piled up and my wife and daughter came home. At that point we knew there was a problem. It could be worse. I could have become a collector of every type of hot wheels.
    I have them in really nice cherry cases on the wall in my office. It's like a piece of art and an ice breaker before meetings... Darren

Darren,
    The first step is denial.
    Reread my previous post... LOL
    Bob

between Hot Wheels,Johnny Lightening, and Matchbox i probably have at least that many but i also collect the GT40's and Daytona Coupes along with the Cobras....it dosent matter what they are worth.......its a fun way to own a bunch of cars i cant afford to own in real life...

Wow, I'm not worthy!
    ... and I thought I was a Cobra nutter. My 30 od collection pales in comparison, and then mine is a mix of brands and sizes.
    I never knew Hot Wheels had such a big range.

I have some Hot Wheels but most of my collection is the 1/24th or 1/18th scale cars. I have the complete set of Daytona Coupes and they gave me a polished aluminum one free when I got the last one of the set. I also have several of the more desirable NASCAR cars including one that Dale Earnheart wrecked at Talladega. And I have a lot of others stored in the boxes in a huge box in the garage attic as I don't have room in the house for them. I guess if I counted all of my cars, Hot Wheels and other smaller ones, I would have around 400+. The Cobras, Mustangs and other high dollar ones I have in a glass case and one guy offered me $600 for the polished Daytona Coupe but I won't sell it as so few were made. I will try to get some of them out and take some pictures of them to post one of these days.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 05-05-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Spelling

Hey Ron, I can't wait to see some of the Daytona Hot Wheels. I started collecting daytona's but have a long way to go. It's crazy how much the rare one's cost. The Mexico HW cobras can hit 1000.00 if still in the packet. I have about 50 duplicate cobras. I wonder if I should sell them to someone wanting to get a collection stated? Darren

Darren, i would be interested in some of those duplicates, which ones do you have that you would be willing to part with ??
    i'm always looking for ones i dont have....

Nice collection, darren.Your Cobra fetish isn't lost on me. My home, office and garage are a bit of a shrine to Shelby.

I don't know if this is worthy of a new thread but anyone have those Franklin Mints, 1/24 scale? Not too shabby.

I also have a 1/12 scale 289 GMP and a Kyosho 427 S/C. Working door latches! And stitched leather seats on the 289! The details are surprisingly accurate but the quickjacks are innies which we all know are wrong, right RedB? LOL.

rustybob, nice seeing you here.

Ron77, you are the same Ron from cc of course, right?

Darren,

My Daytona Coupe collection is in the 1/18th scale models. I had to get them one at a time and they only put out a new one every 3 months. They are really accurate and I have had some people come over to look at them while they were building their replica Coupes to see how the originals were done.

I also have a model of the first Cobra they put together with the 260 engine and the hand painted 260-EXP on the valve covers. I have more money in models than my car cost.

Ron

Hi Rodney, you still comeing to Sacto. this mounth ???
    I have a Ford GT 40 that is made by a company called Mega Bloks...its Yellow with Black stripes
    and it snaps together like Legos.....its about 12 inches long......its way cool..

Quote Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
    The details are surprisingly accurate but the quickjacks are innies which we all know are wrong, right RedB? LOL.
    Damn straight!

Darren, you are an animal with that collection. I keep a non-Hot Wheels red no stripe car on my docking station at work; I'm staring at it all day. Kept all of my baseball cards as a kid, but unfortunately the Hot Wheels and Johnny Lightnings didn't make it. I have a good friend who still has all of his, including the Snake/Mongoose Funny Cars and many of the red striped tire cars (!).
    Last edited by RedBarchetta; 05-07-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Ok here are a couple of pictures of my 1/18th scale Daytona Coupe Collection. Since I spent the 2 years getting all 6 of them they gave me the polished one as a reward.

Ron

Great cars Ron! Let me have the first shot if you ever decide to sell! Hope your doing well and got your grass cut. I would just get a goat. Darren

Cobra Toy Cars.

Ok, this might not be a Hot Wheels model, and it might not be my best model, but it is one of the scarcer ones around my valley.

Donald Cobra Racer in a Box.

Donald Cobra Racer Unleashed!
    Last edited by "Q"; 05-23-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Q,

That would scare anyone that saw it coming toward them. He should be smiling.

I have a lot of Cobra models in the 1/24th and 1/18th scale, plus most of the famous Shelby GT-350 Mustangs that were raced in Trans Am.

Ron

Darren, which of the Hot Wheels are considered to be the rarer ones?

I see them at garage sales, and flea markets from time to time. I would guess that finding any used rare ones in good condition would be rare in itself, as they do get beat up a bit after the kids have played with them.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

The list is long. Do a eBay search for "cobra hot wheels" highest first. That will be a good start. Darren