Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link for phil riley

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Link for phil riley

I am posting this link that Phil sent to me so you can all enjoy it. There is a lot of information in it and I spent quite a while looking through it.

http://www.classic-car-tours.com/#

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 10-17-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Ram Shelby Cobra CSX-R4000 series
    Ron,

It's very kind of you to give Bill's website a plug. He'll be delighted.

Following redundancy, Bill decided to set up 'CCT', as classics, especially Cobras are his passion. As a one-man-band, he's put an awful lot of time and hard work into creating a high quality service. It's early days, but following several very successful events last year, it's going from strength to strength. Next year, I hope to take part in some of the tours myself.

Phil

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    There seems to be no end of really talented people in the UK. I think that the 6 years I spent there were some of the best years of my life. (with the exception of Inland Revenue)
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    Backdraft #1134, Roush Supercharged 5.0 Coyote Aluminator (581 RWHP), TKO 600, 3.46 LS IRS
    Those look like awesome events and tours! I am sure some of the tours are out of my league from a $ perspective but was surprised that for a little over $100US you could participate in the day long hill climb at the rest and be thankful. ==) If only it were free to get my cobra shipped over!

Julian 9::-
    You can never truly make something idiot proof! As you get close, someone always makes a better idiot!

My Albums

Cobra/Engine
    Likewise, I'd love to be able to ship my Cobra across the 'pond' for some fun!

Cobra/Engine

289 Cobras for Facebook users

Thought I'd just mention...

Recently, I set up a Facebook page for The 289 Register. So, if you're a Facebook user and would like to browse some 289 Cobra stuff, please come along and join in the chat, or post something.

And, if you have a relevant product, event, service, or company etc., please feel free to advertise there too.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-2...7938700?ref=hl

Cheers,
    Phil

Cobra/Engine

Cobra at Goodwood video clip

Hi Y'all,

I've just completed editing a clip I thought you all might like me to share with you.

There were lots more great cars at the event, but somehow managed to miss quite a few.

You might want to turn your volume up a little ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wycXEQjMGjE

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Phil,

That was great. Thanks for posting it and it looks as if you had a lot of fun. Darn, I wish I was 40 years younger.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Glad you like! it was a great couple of days... I wouldn't mind a good 35 or so, years off myself.

Cobra/Engine
    Building FFR Mk 4 Roadster with 347
    Phil,

Very nicely done ... I just cannot get enough of these kind of videos ... the sounds are fantastic.

Carl
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

Cobra/Engine
    Quick update: The sussex GT at Goodwood (organised by Classic Car Tours) will run for its second year, next May. Special guests at the last event were champions; Jack Sears and Sir John Whitmore. And, this next event's special guest will be Cobra racer Allen Grant, who will be flying in from the States for 3 days of Cobra fun, on and off the Goodwood Motor Circuit.
    Go here for more details:
    http://www.classic-car-tours.com/#/s...ood/4579610495
    I hope to be there, but I've committed to a Cobra trip to Italy, so funds may not stretch.
    Last edited by philriley427; 10-24-2014 at 05:50 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    Phil,

It would be great if you could make it and get some pictures and video but if not then take some pictures and video of your trip to Italy. That should be a great experience and a lot of fun.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Update on the 2015 Sussex GT at Goodwood:

Allen Grant will be attending the event as special guest. On circuit will be a stunning Hawk Cars, Coventry Motors 'Executor' tribute Cobra. No doubt, Allen will be at the wheel.

http://www.classic-car-tours.com/sus...ood/4579610495

http://www.classic-car-tours.com/sus...ood/4579610495

Cobra/Engine
    Thanks for the update Phil. That is a really great event and I wish that I could attend it.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    If anyone is attending the Le Mans classic, there will be a real spectacle in the square at Hotel de France. The whole place is reserved for my good friend Bill and his Classic Car Tours / Cobra Drivers' Club. Try and get yourself down their to join in the fun:

OLIVIER PLA
    We are delighted to announce that Ford Performance team driver Olivier Pla, will be joining Classic Car Tours for lunch on Friday 8th July at the famous Hotel de France in La Chartre sur le Loire.

In addition Ford Performance are also providing a 2016 Ford GT race car and the 1966 Le Mans winning Ford GT40.

There will also be a display in the square outside the hotel of a number of GT40’s, Cobras, Mustangs and Tigers, which will be followed by a cavalcade to the Le Mans 24 Hours circuit.

http://www.olivierpla.com/

http://www.classic-car-tours.com/hot...nce/4589448665
    Last edited by philriley427; 06-30-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Cobra/Engine
    Sounds as if it will be a great event Phil. I wish I could make it. Get some pictures if you can and see if they will let you drive the winning GT.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Hi Ron,

Unfortunately and despite being offered free food and accommodation in a beautiful French chateau, I'm unable to go owing to other circumstances. I'm really missing out, I know

There will be lots of photos taken and I believe a film is being made. I'm sure Bill will send me them and allow me to post them on this forum.

I'll keep you posted.

Phil

Cobra/Engine
    Darn Phil, that is a shame that you can't be there. We will certainly be looking forward to any pictures and videos that you can post.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    As promised, here's the short film from Classic Car Tours' GT40 celebrations at this year's Classic Le Mans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xhQm9MmF0

Incidentally, in the clip, that is Bill and friend, dressed as whacky French cops, directing the traffic arriving for dinner at the Hotel de France.

Cobra/Engine
    KCC 241, 408C, FMX transmission
    Great video Phil! I especially liked the track shots! ==)

Looks like a great time was had by all!

Thanks for sharing!
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...