Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra Clubs Show Pictures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cobra/Engine
    SPF #719. 396ci Stroker Windsor.

Cool Cobra shows, runs and get together pictures.

How about posting photos of your Cobra gatherings at shows, runs and get togethers. These photos can be spur of the moment, posed, fun, anything goes (but keep it safe). Your photographical skills will not be judged. Just start posting!
    Please also give some details on the events if possible.

Yes, I know. I started the topic so I should lead by example.

One of the best runs we had in 2010 was when "Pretoria Cobra" (South Africa) did the Party Boat thing on Harbeespoort Dam. We did a trip of 2 to 3 hours (on the double decker party boat) all around the dam shore. This gave a totally different view, like the one house where the owner could actually go into his house with his boat and his Harleys were parked in a "show room" facing the water. Being on the boat obviously also gave us ample time to mingle and to get to know each other better.

Last edited by "Q"; 07-29-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Cobra/Engine

2010- Cars in the Park- Pretoria, South Africa.

This is probably the biggest annual car show (not our biggest Cobra show), held in our back yard. It takes place on the Zwartkops Race Track on the first Sunday of August. We had close to 50 Cobras and about a gazillion other makes of cars there in 2010. Just adding some group shots to show our stand.

Cars in the Park 01.jpg Cars in the Park 03.jpg Cars in the Park 02.jpg Cars in the Park 04.jpg
    Last edited by "Q"; 02-13-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Q,

Those are great. I was going to go to the big Kool April Nights car show we have here but was sick and the weather was crappy so I skipped it. That is the only real car show that we still have around here and they limit it to 2,000 cars. There area few small ones around, but they just seem to have the same cars year after year.

Ron

Cobra/Engine

2006 South African Cobra Concourse

In 2006 the Cobra Concourse was held on the rooftop of one of the bigger shopping centers in Pretoria. Although it wasn't the biggest Concourse, it was our "highest".

2006 Concourse 2.jpg 2006 Concourse 3.jpg 2006 Concourse 4.jpg 2006 Concourse 1.jpg
    Last edited by "Q"; 05-26-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    SPF 1473 titanium/black 392 stroker
    Q,
    That looks like a great collection of cars. I hope someone from NorCal posts some pictures from Sonoma's Wine Country Classic lll next weekend. I can't go, a "must attend" event has preempted our planned drive. Rats!
    Bob

Q, wow! I have very few of any cobra-specific show pics, but I do have some to share where a smaller gathering of cobras made up the crowd.

The first two are from a Superformance "Open House" hosted at the Superformance Headquarters @ Hillbank Motors in Irvine, CA. The blue Coupe is Carroll Shelby's car that SPF uses for mostly promotional purposes.

Next is from our local Saturday morning "Cars and Coffee" gatherings here in So Cal (also in Irvine and about one mile from Hillbank). That's Rodney's sweet Kirkham in the back, followed by a stoutly built 700+HP B&B, a super clean FFR with ghost stripes, and my SPF.

Next is one of a handful of "John Force" shows that I have attended with other local Cobra guys. Force (15 time NHRA Funny Car World Champion) used to open up his shop to enthusiasts on the last Saturday of each month. He now limits it to just an annual Christmas toys-for-tots show that attracts a 1,000 cars. Here is one incredibly well done SPF Brock Coupe (I'm trying to get owner Doug to join here), my SPF when I was running MT drag radials, another SPF and the same FFR (with cool ghost stripes) that was also in the previous picture at C&C:

A few more in my gallery.
    Last edited by RedBarchetta; 05-18-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Cobra/Engine
    KMP Flip-Top/Cammer - 2015 Z07 Vette - 2013 M3 KMP BRONZE 289 - Ferrrari 355 Spyder- KMP500(sold)
    I hope someone here (USA) is going to the London Show and can take some pictures. "Q" is representing South Africa well. Yes, this is a competition..

Nice pictures Dean!.... Darren

Cobra/Engine
    Kirkham 427 S/C Twin Paxton
    Darren (and others),

Make sure you let us know when you'll be in OC on a dark, early Sat morning for C&C. We meet at a Taco Bell parking lot. Dean likes the breakfast menu there. LOL.
    If not that early, we'll make our own gathering. I'd like to get one going at the Wax Museum in Buena Park. Easy to find, freeway close, plenty of parking and a Starbucks (the museum has been closed for some time). Somewhat centrally located, too.

And since we have plenty of time, who's going to the Shelby show at the Santa Monica Pier this Summer? It's my favorite show. Hank Williams will be there, Anthony Boosalis' Comp 427 (one of them at least), some other vintage Cobras and Shelby Mustangs, as well as KMP's, SPF's, Coupes, et al. And you can ride a roller coaster and eat some cotton candy when you're done bugging Anthony. At least that's I do.

Cobra/Engine
    KMP Flip-Top/Cammer - 2015 Z07 Vette - 2013 M3 KMP BRONZE 289 - Ferrrari 355 Spyder- KMP500(sold)
    Rodney, Good idea. Let's plan to hang out at the shelby show. Maybe next year we can plan some fun activities around the AHA pomona show. Last year we went go cart racing and to a club the night before the show. How about a cross country drive??? darren

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Well it wasn't a show, but we had a cruise to central Washington a couple years ago and here we are gathered at Lake Alta.

The gentleman on the far left of the picture passed away the next week. His wife was happy that he got to take one last cruise in the Cobra with his friends.

Cobra/Engine
    Cross country, Darren? That would be a dream come true but it's not in my immediate future. Maybe Provo and back. LOL. Gotta make that pilgrimage to the bros in the KMP.

Silverback, sorry to hear about your friend. I guess that's why you gotta live for the moment. Hmmm.....cross country, eh?
    Lovin that Terlingua livery! Who does it belong to?

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
    Cross country, Darren? That would be a dream come true but it's not in my immediate future. Maybe Provo and back. LOL. Gotta make that pilgrimage to the bros in the KMP.

Silverback, sorry to hear about your friend. I guess that's why you gotta live for the moment. Hmmm.....cross country, eh?
    Lovin that Terlingua livery! Who does it belong to?
    That car belonged to Steve, the gentleman that passed away.

Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
    Lovin that Terlingua livery!
    Here is the decal kit for that.
    http://www.racelinedigital.com/store...oducts_id=1620
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    I went to an all Ford show this weekend here in town. Lots of very cool cars, but not one Cobra..I didn't want to enter my car, as I didn't want to be stuck sitting at a show all day, so parked it on the street. It became a one car show, as many people stopped and had a gander. It's in gel-coat still, so the body looks pretty rough..but even as is, I had people yelling "cool car" when I fired it up to head home.

Here's some pictures from another all Ford show, where at least few Cobras showed up.

I am absolutely amazed at the number of Roadsters that show up at those shows in S.Africa!
    I don't believe there are that many Cobras, in the entire province of B.C. Currently I only know of 36 FFR's, a couple of Contemporary's, a couple of Can-Am's, and a handful of other makes. And these are spread all over the Province's 944,735 square kilometers. It's still a very rare site to see one on the roads. Perhaps that is a good thing though..
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Cobra/Engine
    Rodney, Check out this guy.. www.49in9.com. I met him at the Grandnational Roadster Show. What a stud... Darren

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    Check out this guy.. www.49in9.com.
    BTW, now he's thinking 49 states in 7 days!

"I am working on this route to try to get it to around 8,400 miles, start to finish. That will mean that I will need to do 1,200 miles a day to finish in Alaska in the 7 days. I will need to do 18 hours in the seat and average 67 miles per hour to do that. So based on my last performance on the 49in9, that is within reason if I have no problems."

Just to average 67mph means he's really hauling the mail and probably running 80-85 most of the time (on back roads). The Cannonball guys do more prep than him, but of course they NEED to run (on occasion) at 150-160 just to cross the country in 30 hours. Amazing.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Cobra/Engine
    Can you imagine 1200 miles a day in a cobra? That alone would be crazy. I wonder if a coast to coast trip in a cobra has been done. You know, David Kirkham and I are planning a Washington DC trip in our cobras. We will probable have a chase vehicle just in case. Darren

Cobra/Engine

Yes, now this thread is picking up speed. Some excellent pictures and information coming out here. A great get together is not just judged by the amount of Cobras attending, but also by the camaraderie, friendship, fun and enjoyment to be had amongst Cobra buddies. Keep those wheels rolling and posting.

Silverback, that looks like it could have been a very nice scenic drive!

PS. Dean, the gatherings you posted might not be that big, but the quality of the Cobras attending looks right up there.

Cobra/Engine

2011-04-10 Pretoria Cobra having breakfast at Eldo Falls Nursery and Restaurant.

As ordered, it was a lovely sunny day. Pulling off at the gas station, Metro Police even allowed us to drive right pass them without even pulling over a single Cobra. Arriving at the venue, the 20 shiny Cobras was the cause of a mini car show. In the garden, 38 beautiful people sat down for a hearty breakfast and then proceeded to have a nice visit under the shady trees till close to lunch time. The day lived up to the expectations.

2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg
    Last edited by "Q"; 05-18-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Cobra/Engine
    My folks used to do local fun rallies back around 1970. Maybe it was popular back then, if it was, fill me in.
    At the starting point they had a clue. Maybe something like "At this location you'll find the hand and feet prints of Hollywood's biggest stars" (Grauman's Chinese Theater). Then at the theater would be another clue. They weren't exactly brain busters but you had to know where to go, get the next clue/location and finish X number of locales with the winner obviously finishing first. But it didn't take a high speed car or breaking the law to win. In fact my parents won it a couple times in their Olds Wagon.