Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Cobra Collectables

Cobra/Engine
    SPF #719. 396ci Stroker Windsor.

Various Cobra Collectables

Found this wood carved rendition of a Cobra, in a little town called Clarens. Over the last few years this little town has become a haven for artists, but even the artists can appreciate the beauty of a Cobra.

I have one of those also....

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    That is nice. They offered one made of Pewter here that weighed 21 pounds and cost about what the first part of a kit cost. I used to get my really good models from EXOTO as they are really strict abut them being correct right down to the last detail. They had a 1/20th scale Ferrari in there for $21K, but you could buy just the engine for $15K. That is where I got my Daytona Coupe collection from.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance/460
    How about this from Speed Freaks
    Attached Images
    - Mel

Cobra/Engine
    Mel.
    Just dig that Cobra. Looks like it should be one of the characters from the movie "Cars".

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Q,

That was my first thought too. But it is different and that is what makes them special.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    Here are some pictures of my over priced die cast of the first Cobra made. If you look close in the one picture you can see EXP-260-1 on the valve cover. That was hand painted on both valve covers and stood for Experimental 260 engine # 1. The little cover in the trunk has the spare tire under it and I can actually take it out and change the tires on the car.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 05-30-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    Wow, the detail. I've got nothing that can compare to that one. Great find Ron.
    "Q" from Sunny South Africa. Click pic to view my albums.

Cobra/Engine
    Q,

That is another of the models that I got from Exoto. They are super expensive but everything on their die casts is exact. I have several models that I got from them and one is the Crisit Edelbrock Trans Am Mustang. And the set of the 6 Daytona Coupes I got from them and the detail is perfect. Right down to the spare tire being held in place by bungee cords. I have had people who were building Daytona Coupe Kits come over to look at them to see just what the originals had where.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    Ron.

I have had people who were building Daytona Coupe Kits come over to look at them to see just what the originals had where.
    "Replicating" a "toy". Now that is "orriginal"!

Cobra/Engine
    Kirkham 427 S/C Twin Paxton
    Here's a Kyoshi 1:12 scale 427 S/C and a GMP 1:12 289 Cobra. They both have their merits but my vote goes to the Kyoshi, or maybe I'm too partial to 427's.
    The 289 has stitched leather seats!
    And the 427 has a real oil leak!!!
    Attached Images

Cobra/Engine
    My vote also goes for the Kyoshi, nice detail work in their models. Or maybe I'm also partial to 427's. As far as the oil leak goes, have you contacted Kyoshi for a new sump gasket?;)

Cobra/Engine
    FE Engines are supposed to drip oil. At one time or another I have owned every FE engine Ford made and after a short time they would all start to drip oil and even using dye I never could find where it came from. I guess they are just marking their spots.

Ron :crazy ballbat in face

Cobra/Engine
    Kirkham 427 S/C Twin Paxton
    Q: Kyoshi said they don't cover rear main leaks.

Ron: What was it said about British cars? If there's no oil under 'em, there's no oil in 'em. ;)

Cobra/Engine
    Southern Roadcraft SRV8/383 Chevy
    took our cobra into the local V8 guru shop a month or so ago for new ignition system fitting. Took a few photos of them whilst they were at work

Lol - this is one of my collection. I'm currently only chosing to buy models in colors similar to our cobra (so reds, and shades of)

Gary
    Last edited by nealgs; 07-12-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811), SRV8 with 383ci stroker chevy.

Cobra/Engine
    Gary,

Now that looks like some of the people they have working in the shops around here. When you go in to have a carb adjusted and you see them headed for the car with a saw and hammer it is time to change your mind.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance, 428CJ
    Hey you guys don't have enough to do, maybe you should come to KY. i am behind on my farm work:]

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance, 428CJ
    Ron
    That is real nice.
    By the way where is Shasta, we stayed in a little gold mining town in Northern California when we were comming back from a BMW motorcycle international rally in Redman Oregan several years ago.

Beautiful country, but did not realize there was anyplace in USA that remote and undeveloped.
    marvin

Cobra/Engine
    Southern Roadcraft SRV8/383 Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Gary,

Now that looks like some of the people they have working in the shops around here. When you go in to have a carb adjusted and you see them headed for the car with a saw and hammer it is time to change your mind.

Ron
    lol, but if you look closely, you will notice that they are Jedi's (obi-wan, and luke ) working there magic on our cob.

We take it to a company called EDA (Engine Data Analysis), owned/run by Ken Coleman - certainly knows his stuff for sure.

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811), SRV8 with 383ci stroker chevy.

Cobra/Engine
    Twincreek,

Shasta Lake is 10 miles North of Redding which is right on I-5. There are several old Gold Mining towns around here. Weaverville is one of them and they have a pretty nice car show every year. It is a great drive up there as the highway follows the old stage coach route and winds all over the canyons so the horses didn't have to try to pull the stage coaches up the mountain walls. You drive 50 miles to cover 28. I am about a two hour drive from the Oregon Border. There are places around here back in the canyons that I doubt if a human has been in them for 100 years. Just look at a California map and find I-5 and follow it North and you will see Redding and Shasta Lake. Also Shasta is an old gold mining town with a small museum where they hung the last outlaw in these parts long ago. They still have the scaffold and everything there.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by twincreek View Post
    Ron
    That is real nice.
    By the way where is Shasta, we stayed in a little gold mining town in Northern California when we were comming back from a BMW motorcycle international rally in Redman Oregan several years ago.

Beautiful country, but did not realize there was anyplace in USA that remote and undeveloped.
    marvin